[NEohioPAL]'Round Town Music at The N. Water Gallery for Folk Fest

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Mon Nov 6 07:45:20 PST 2006

Greetings,

Who: Standing Rock Cultural Arts

What: "Around Town" Music Performances. Part of the Kent State Folk
Festival 40th anniversary celebration.
-Ashley Brooke-Toussant
-Chittlin and The Rents
(http://myspace.com/ashleybrooketoussant)
(http://www.myspace.com/chittlin)
(http://www.onewayrider.com)

When: Friday, November 10 8-11pm
-Ashley from 8-9:15pm
-Chittlin and The Rents from 9:30-11pm

Where: The North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent

Admission: Free (Pass the Hat Productions)

About Ashley Brooke-Toussant:
I like to laugh a lot. my sisters can make me fall to the floor,
clapping and laughing. that is the truth. I am a fan of honesty.I really
really like peanut butter. I feel so much better about life after I cry.
"Laughing through tears, that is my favorite emotion." When I get
bigger, I want to be like Diane Keaton. I love Andy Warhol and Salvador
Dali. I hate being called shy because of the fear of being denied being
anything else. I wish I was around in the 60's. my favorite movies are
annie Hall and Funny girl. I get scared super easily. If I was six feet
tall,you would never call me cute. I could be buried in mint chocolate
chip ice cream or carrot cake. I hate love songs. I think I always will.
I am not cynical. I think there is much more beauty and verity in a sad
song. If I had a nickel for how many times I get asked if my name is
French, I could buy some sour patch kids. I absolutely love love the
mandolin. I think I am going to meet Carole King someday. I probably
just jinxed my life. I like to sing more than anything in the whole
state of Ohio and most of the world.

About Chittlin:
She's country. She's indie rock, She's folk and soul. She's all of them
and none of them. Chittlin's sweet sound is at once haunting and
soothing; a blend of different styles that results in a very unique
brand of music, which she dubs "Alt. Music." Chittlin' is making a name
for herself by being distinct. While most musicians rush to place
themselves in a cozy category, She went ahead and carved her own.
Weather its delivering a mesmerizing "classic country" tinged balled on
her guitar, or stomping out an "indie rock" anthem on her banjo,
Chittlin' writes and performs with a sensitivity, rawness, and
confidence well beyond her years. Growing up in a musical household,
Chittlin' found her flair for music early on. She was performing with
her family band "One Way Rider" by age 8, and now at 17 plays the bass,
guitar, and banjo. Currently she still tours with her family, playing
rhythm guitar and singing lead and harmony vocals. But to truly
understand Chittlin' is to see her in her element. Presenting her own
original material solo, or with minimal accompaniment. -David Mayfield

About The Rents:
The Rents are Ma and Pa, Val and David Lee Mayfield, from the family
bluegrass band One Way Rider. One Way Rider is based in Kent and
performs a unique combination of Traditional Bluegrass, Newgrass,
Country, Gospel, Acappella & Progressive appalachian. The kids have
grown up and are involved with many solo projects now, so Ma and Pa
decided to go back to where they started and perform as a duet. With an
entertaining and comedic stage show, The Rents make music that’s fun for
the whole family.

Thank you for supporting the arts!

Updates: www.standingrock.net

Info: 330-673-4970