[NEohioPAL]BIG BAND DANCE & Greek Food with the Swing Machine, Akron

Dave Horvath davidbhorvath at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 14:51:25 PST 2006

--0-2113844951-1163112685=:10971

Don't miss this elegant and entertaining evening at the Greek Cultural Center in Akron.  Come dance and listen to one of NE Ohio's finest big bands, the Swing Machine.   The Swing Machine is under the direction of nationally known music director and arranger, Bob Feldbush.  This show will feature big band standards from the 30's, 40's, and 50's including swing and Latin numbers.  Chefs from the community center will be preparing and selling their delectable Greek specialties to complete an evening of dinner and dancing.

  Where:
The Greek Cultural Center (at U. of Akron campus)
129 S. Union Street
Akron, OH

  When:
Saturday, November 18
8:00 - 11:00 PM

Tickets:
$10 in advance
$12 at the door
$8 seniors and students with ID at the door

Contact:  For advance tickets, contact Sue Madigan at (330) 730-5242. Advance tickets can also be purchased at the Central Instrument Company, corner of Portage Trail and 8th Street in Cuyahoga Falls.

The Band:
The Swing Machine is a 19-piece big band lead by nationally known music director and arranger, Bob Feldbush. The band is known for their entertaining performances with an air of sophistication. The Swing Machine continues to build its reputation and recently has received standing ovations from as many as 800 people at their indoor concerts.

Music:
We specialize in swing music of the 30s and 40s. Latin music from various decades will also be included in this show for dancing the rhumba, bossa nova, mambo, cha-cha, and tango. Requests will also be taken.

Food:
The Greek Center will be providing concessions, mostly of homemade Greek specialties such as gyros, soups, salads, and pastries. Soft drinks and water will also be available.

Driving Instructions:
  Getting here is easy!
>From NORTH of Akron: I-77 S to main interchange. Take Rt. 8 N. Take first exit (Carroll/Buchtel) to second light. Left onto Buchtel Ave. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. The Greek Center is on the right.
OR: Take I-271 S or Turnpike to Rt. 8 S. Exit Buchtel Ave. at Akron U. Turn right onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union.  Greek Center is on the right.

>From EAST of Akron: I-76 W to Rt. 8 N. Take first exit off of Rt 8 N. Go to second light. Turn left onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union.  Greek Center is on the right.

>From WEST of Akron: I-77 S to interchange. Take Rt. 8 N. Take first exit to second light. Left onto Buchtel Ave. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. Greek Center is on the right.
OR: Rt. 18 E into Akron. Stay on Market Street. Just past downtown, turn right onto S. Union. Greek Center is on the left across from old Central Hower H.S.

>From SOUTH of Akron: I-77 N to Rt. 8 N. Take Akron U. exit. At second light, turn left onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. Greek Center is on the right.

--0-2113844951-1163112685=:10971

<DIV><SPAN class=genmed><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Don't miss this elegant and entertaining evening at the Greek Cultural Center in Akron.  Come dance and listen to one of NE Ohio's finest big bands, the Swing Machine.   The Swing Machine is under the direction of nationally known music director and arranger, Bob Feldbush.  This show will feature big band standards from the 30's, 40's, and 50's including swing and Latin numbers.  Chefs from the community center will be preparing and selling their delectable Greek specialties to complete an evening of dinner and dancing. </SPAN></SPAN></DIV>  <DIV><SPAN class=genmed><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"></SPAN></SPAN> </DIV>  <DIV><SPAN class=genmed><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Where:</SPAN> <BR>The Greek Cultural Center (at U. of Akron campus) <BR>129 S. Union Street <BR>Akron, OH </SPAN></DIV>  <DIV><SPAN class=genmed> </DIV></SPAN>  <DIV><SPAN
 class=genmed><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">When:</SPAN> <BR>Saturday, November 18 <BR>8:00 - 11:00 PM <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Tickets:</SPAN> <BR>$10 in advance <BR>$12 at the door <BR>$8 seniors and students with ID at the door </SPAN></DIV>  <DIV><SPAN class=genmed><BR><STRONG>Contact:</STRONG>  For advance tickets, contact Sue Madigan at <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">(330) 730-5242</SPAN>. Advance tickets can also be purchased at the <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Central Instrument Company</SPAN>, corner of Portage Trail and 8th Street in Cuyahoga Falls. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">The Band: </SPAN><BR>The Swing Machine is a 19-piece big band lead by nationally known music director and arranger, Bob Feldbush. The band is known for their entertaining performances with an air of sophistication. The Swing Machine continues to build its reputation and recently has received standing ovations from as many as 800 people at their indoor
 concerts. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Music:</SPAN> <BR>We specialize in swing music of the 30s and 40s. Latin music from various decades will also be included in this show for dancing the rhumba, bossa nova, mambo, cha-cha, and tango. Requests will also be taken. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Food:</SPAN> <BR>The Greek Center will be providing concessions, mostly of homemade Greek specialties such as gyros, soups, salads, and pastries. Soft drinks and water will also be available. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Driving Instructions:</SPAN><STRONG>  </STRONG></SPAN></DIV>  <DIV><SPAN class=genmed><STRONG>Getting here is easy!</STRONG><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From NORTH of Akron:</SPAN> I-77 S to main interchange. Take Rt. 8 N. Take first exit (Carroll/Buchtel) to second light. Left onto Buchtel Ave. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. The Greek Center is on the right. <BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT:
 bold">OR:</SPAN> Take I-271 S or Turnpike to Rt. 8 S. Exit Buchtel Ave. at Akron U. Turn right onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union.  Greek Center is on the right. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From EAST of Akron:</SPAN> I-76 W to Rt. 8 N. Take first exit off of Rt 8 N. Go to second light. Turn left onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union.  Greek Center is on the right. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From WEST of Akron:</SPAN> I-77 S to interchange. Take Rt. 8 N. Take first exit to second light. Left onto Buchtel Ave. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. Greek Center is on the right. <BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">OR:</SPAN> Rt. 18 E into Akron. Stay on Market Street. Just past downtown, turn right onto S. Union. Greek Center is on the left across from old Central Hower H.S. <BR><BR><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From SOUTH of Akron:</SPAN> I-77 N to Rt. 8
 N. Take Akron U. exit. At second light, turn left onto Buchtel. Take Buchtel a couple blocks and turn right on S. Union. Greek Center is on the right.</SPAN></DIV><p>

<hr size=1>Everyone is raving about <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta">the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.</a>
--0-2113844951-1163112685=:10971--