[NEohioPAL]Borat to "The Departed" (since we're talking cinema)

Mike Norton michael.a.norton at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 14 05:55:30 PST 2006

--0-1659317425-1163512530=:66915

  Anthony,

  I think you're referring to "The World Is Flat", a book by Thomas Friedman of the New York Times on Global Techno-Economics and I wanted to add that I don't think he was intending to say that the world is ruled by one country, but several large stateless "invisible" entities (*cough* corporations!), not to confuse the description with any other terminology, and definitely not to say that corporations = terrorist groups either lol.  I should brush up on my English--

  Anyway, I shouldn't talk, I haven't seen "Borat" other than back in the days when I could afford HBO but, since we're on to pop movie discussions, has anyone seen "The Departed"?   I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on that one :)

  Mike Norton

Anthony Weishar wrote:

  It appears that the Flat Earth syndrome has hit the arts community.

--0-1659317425-1163512530=:66915

<DIV class="messageinfo separator">  <DIV>Anthony,</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I think you're referring to "The World Is Flat", a book by Thomas Friedman of the New York Times on Global Techno-Economics and I wanted to add that I don't think he was intending to say that the world is ruled by one country, but several large stateless "invisible" entities (*cough* corporations!), not to confuse the description with any other terminology, and definitely not to say that corporations = terrorist groups either lol.  I should brush up on my English-- </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Anyway, I shouldn't talk, I haven't seen "Borat" other than back in the days when I could afford HBO but, since we're on to pop movie discussions, has anyone seen "The Departed"?   I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on that one :)</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Mike Norton</DIV></DIV>  <DIV id=yiv299337425><BR>Anthony Weishar wrote:<BR><B><I></I></B><BR>  <BLOCKQUOTE
 class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid">It appears that the Flat Earth syndrome has hit the arts community.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
--0-1659317425-1163512530=:66915--