[NEohioPAL]Musicians needed for Dec 10th Holiday Home Tour

christinaayers at adelphia.net christinaayers at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 16 11:26:13 PST 2006

Musicians Needed!
Looking for musicians to participate in Brooklyn Centre's 2006 Candlelight =
Christmas Home Tour, Dec 10th from 1-6. We are looking for groups to perfor=
m as carolers as well as solo or small ensemble groups to perform in homes =
along the tour.=20

This is a well-publicized event, with real reindeer (with sleigh), Lolley t=
he trolley, music and crafts. We are proud of our neighborhood, and love sh=
owing off our beautiful Victorian homes. Our National Landmark District is =
located on the near west side of Cleveland, south of the Innerbelt and Metr=
o, but north of the Zoo.

Musicians who are willing to participate by performing for a minimum of two=
, 1-hour time periods on the day of the event are compensated with free adm=
ission (a $15 value per performer) and a free half-page ad (a $20 value) in=
 our walking guide. You can also upgrade to a larger ad at a discounted rat=
e. If you, or someone you know, would like to perform as a caroling group o=
r as a musician in a private home on the tour, or purchase an ad, please em=
ail Julie at christmasvictorian at hotmail.com for details. We have a handful =
of caroling books available for ensembles that need repertoire.

Please do forward this information to anyone that you think might enjoy att=
ending or performing at the event or be interested in some form of sponsors=
hip.

The event press release is below:

For Immediate Release

Contact:

Julie Miragliotta, Event Chairperson     216-287-8195    christmasvictorian=
@hotmail.com

2006 Candlelight Christmas House Tour presented by=20

Brooklyn Centre Community Association and Councilman Brian Cummins=20

October 20, 2006 - Brooklyn Centre Community Association and Ward 15 Counci=
lman Brian Cummins proudly present a day to embrace family traditions and n=
eighborhood culture. =20

The third annual Candlelight Christmas House Tour will be held from 1:00 =
=E2=80=93 6:00 PM on Sunday, December 10, 2006 in the historic neighborhood=
 of Brooklyn Centre. The tour begins at the historic Archwood United Church=
 of Christ, 2800 Archwood Avenue.  =20

Enjoy the afternoon by strolling the streets of historic Brooklyn Centre or=
 riding in Lolley the Trolley to view restored Italianates, candlelit Colon=
ials, cozy Arts & Crafts, and century-old gingerbread.    Residents graciou=
sly open their doors to share the enchantment of the holiday season, throug=
h decoration and music, as unique and distinctive as the homes themselves. =
=20

The magical glow of holiday lights on shutters, roofs, and clapboards will =
illuminate our historic district as residents participate in the Exterior L=
ighting contest.

Pine Acres Reindeer Farm, located just north of Columbus, will be bringing =
the reindeer for all to view.  The sleigh pullers will be making their Clev=
eland debut.  Sorry no Rudolph, he has to stay and help Santa.  =20

Pre-sale tickets for the Candlelight Christmas House Tour are now available=
.    Pre-sale tickets are available at a discounted rate of $12 for adults,=
 $8 for Seniors and Students.  On the day of the event, ticket prices will =
be: Adults $15, Seniors and Students are $10.   Cash and checks are accepte=
d for payment. Mastercard and Visa accepted for payment via paypal by sendi=
ng an email with contact info, number and type of tickets needed to hometou=
rtickets at adelphia.net.

Bring a non-perishable canned food item and receive a $1.00 discount per ti=
cket.  Not valid on pre-sale tickets.  One food item per ticket.  Non-peris=
hable food items will be donated to the WSEM =E2=80=93 Brookside Center to =
benefit the residents and neighbors of Brooklyn Centre. =20

Brooklyn Centre Community Association, originally established as Archwood D=
enison Concerned Citizens in 1978, is a non-profit community organization. =
 BCCA is committed to promoting historic preservation, neighborhood safety,=
 community development and highlighting the unique assets and opportunities=
 available in the Brooklyn Centre neighborhood, a National Register and Cle=
veland Landmark Historic District.

##