[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Heights Chamber Orchestra concert 11/19

Marianne Stott mas70email at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 12:01:27 PST 2006

Hello all,

The Cleveland Heights Chamber Orchestra will be performing its fall
concert this Sunday, November 19th at 7:30 PM at St. Ann's Church: 2175
Coventry Road, Cleveland Heights.

Program:
Beethoven: Overture "Egmont" op. 84

Haydn: Violin Concerto no. 1 in C major
Gino Raffaelli - violin

Elgar: Intermezzo and Andante espressivo
(from Organ Sonata, op. 28, transcribed by A. Addison)

Brahms: Symphony No. 1 in c minor, op. 68

The Heights Chamber Orchestra is comprised of some 45 professional and
amateur musicians who reside predominantly in the eastern suburbs of
Cleveland, OH. Our concerts are presented to the public free of charge,
and donations are appreciated.

Our conductor for this concert is Anthony Addison, who, from 1964 to
1981, headed CIM’s Opera Theater Department, conducted the University
Circle Youth Orchestra, hosted performances for children at CIM and in
inner city schools, reviewed the Metropolitan Opera on WCLV, and
started C.O.T.E’s Opera al Fresco, now known as Cleveland Lyric Opera.

Our soloist, Gino Raffaelli, has been concertmaster of Heights Chamber
Orchestra since its founding in 1983, and was a member of the Cleveland
Orchestra from 1957 until his retirement in 2001. He is also a founder
and president of PAND, Performers and Artists for Nuclear Disarmament.
Since its inception, PAND has raised over $200,000 to assist the
activities of peace and environmental groups.

For more information on the Cleveland Heights Chamber Orchestra, call
(216) 321-3315 or see www.heightschamberorchestra.org

~~
Marianne Stott, violinist
mas70email at yahoo.com

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre