[NEohioPAL]Borat Doesn't Pay

Ensemble Theatre ensemble-theatre at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 13 14:25:00 PST 2006

--0-1273008436-1163456700=:65215

Hello Shawn,

  It seems like the curtain is coming down on 'BORAT.'  As I mentioned to David Hansen,
  this is archetypical P.T. Barnum material. . . .A sucker a minute.
  Smoke and mirrors and all that. And if you think this issue is over, after grossing nearly 70 million dollars after one week, this will give you a new slant-
  GO TO www.news.yahoo.com

  It certainly is a window on what pap the people will eat - and PAY for it.

  Not going to see it anytime soon,
  Martin Cosentino

Shawn Rech <shawn.rech at ohioachievement.com> wrote:
          I respectfully disagree.  Half of the movie was staged... the producers admit as much.  One can tell from watching the movie that (at least) the bed 'n breakfast, naked hotel lobby, Pamela Anderson and antique store scenes were staged, and the frat boy scene was probably staged.

  The promotion team on this film are geniuses and I believe the lawsuit is a fake.  (There seems to be a fresh new press release every day)  Watch the RV scene with the frat boys again and try to make sense of the camera angles and timing.  Jay (who posted the original Borat post) knows a lot more about shooting than I do, but unless they made these guys repeat certain real life lines, I just can't see how they did it.

  The comedy consultant was paid his consulting fee and was willing to be filmed.  How ironic that a so called "comedy consultant" had no idea he was playing straight man to one of the most original comedic artists since Andy Kaufman, but that's beside the point.

  The hillbilly at the rodeo ("Shave that moustache") doesn't deserve anything more than the shame he earned.

  Just my opinion.

--0-1273008436-1163456700=:65215

 Half of the movie was staged... the producers admit as much.  One can tell from watching the movie that (at least) the bed 'n breakfast, naked hotel lobby, Pamela Anderson and antique store scenes were staged, and the frat boy scene was probably staged.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial>The promotion team on this film are geniuses and I believe the lawsuit is a fake.  (There seems to be a fresh new press release every day)  Watch the RV scene with the frat boys again and try to make sense of the camera angles and timing.  Jay (who posted the original Borat post) knows a lot more about shooting than I do, but unless they made these guys repeat certain real life lines, I just can't see how they did it.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial>The comedy consultant was paid his consulting fee and was willing to be filmed.  How ironic that a so called
 "comedy consultant" had no idea he was playing straight man to one of the most original comedic artists since Andy Kaufman, but that's beside the point.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial>The hillbilly at the rodeo ("Shave that moustache") doesn't deserve anything more than the shame he earned.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Just my opinion.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
--0-1273008436-1163456700=:65215--