[NEohioPAL]Lori Cahan-Simon new Chanukah CD and concerts

Lori Cahan-Simon lorelecs at juno.com
Fri Dec 1 04:27:54 PST 2006

Dear Neopals,

I'm thrilled to announce the availability of my new Yiddish Chanukah
album called "Chanukah is Freylekh!", volume 2 of the Songs My Bubbe
Should Have Taught Me series.  The incredible musicians I get to sing
with are our own Walt Mahovlich, Adrianne Greenbaum, Alex Fedoriouk,
David Chernyavsky, and Henry Shapiro.  =

The material is exciting, from the early 18th century to the late 20th,
featuring many little known songs and melodies, as well as a few
familiar chestnuts done differently than usual.  Many of the songs are
designed for dancing and instructions are included in the booklet, as
are all the lyrics in transliteration and translation.  =

If you would like a copy, or so, in time for Chanukah contact me
directly at Lorelecs at Juno.com , or you can get them through Hatikvah
Music online at http://www.hatikvahmusic.com (phone# 323 655-7083) All
proceeds from sales go to the non-profit institution that funds these
Yiddish recordings. Please contact me if you or anyone else would like
a copy for $15 (plus $3 S&H in the U.S., higher elsewhere).

The tracks are:
1.	Khanike iz freylekh/ Chanukah is Happy
2.	Tsindt on likhtlekh /Khanike-marsh (Tsindt on di likhtlekh) Light
the Candles / Chanukah-March (Light the Candles) =

3.	Kinder haynt iz khanike / Mir zenen khanike likhtlekh
/ Naftule, shpil es nokh a mol  Children, Today is Chanukah / We are
Chanukah Candles / Naftule, Play it Again =

4.	Borekh ate =96 Blessed art Thou =

5.	Di khanike likht =96 The Chanukah Candles
6.	Drey zikh, dreydele =96 Spin, Little Dreydl
7.	Ver ken dertseyln (Mi Yimalel) / Katshkes khanike freylekhs =96 Who
Can Retell / Katshke=92s Chanukah Freylekhs
8.	O, ir kleyne likhtelekh =96 Oh, You Little Candles
9.	A lid fun khanike =96 A Song of Chanukah
10.	Ven kh=92tsindt di likhtlekh on, di akht =96 When I Light the Eight =
Candles
11.	Zogt nor, zogt / Ikh bin a latke / Ikh hob a kleyn dreydl (Dos
dreydl) Just Tell Me, Tell / I am a Latke / I Have a Little Dreydl (The
Dreydl)
12.	Sheoso nisim =96 He Who Performed Miracles
13.	Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl =96 I=92m a Little Dreydl / Sirba in C
14.	Akht Likhtlekh =96 Eight Little Candles
15.	Di khanike teg akht =96 The Eight Days of Chanukah
16.	Al hanisim =96 For the Miracles
17.	Oy khanike, oy khanike =96 Oh Chanukah, Oh Chanukah

I will be performing this material on December 10th at the Workmen's
Circle in Cleveland, Ohio, at 7:30, at Congregation Beth Shalom in
Pittsburgh on the evening of Dec. 16th, and on the afternoon of Dec.
17th at the Rockville, MD, JCC. If anyone will be in those areas, I'd
love to see you there.
 =

Thanks, and a happy Chanukah and holiday season to all,
Lori Cahan-Simon =

Hear Lori's CDs at: http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan
http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan2 http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan3
http://www.cdbaby.com/nosband  Email me to buy.