[NEohioPAL]=?UTF-8?Q?City_Hall_Rotunda_Art_and_Poetry_Show_December_8, _2006_at_Noon_=E2=80=93_1:30_pm?=

marcus at designerglass.com marcus at designerglass.com
Thu Dec 7 08:35:31 PST 2006

--Alt-Boundary-16676.151239937

City Hall Rotunda Art and Poetry Show December 8, 2006 at
Noon - 1:30 pm

>From Noon to 1:30 pm the Mayor=B4s office and Gallery 324
present the Rotunda Art and Reading event to present the
Rotunda displays for winter and the holiday season. Poets will
read on themes of winter and the winter holidays. Art will be
displayed on the same themes. A number of different
celebratory displays will be set up honoring various groups.

The poets to read are:

Brian Taylor has appeared in just about every poetry
venue in Northeast Ohio. A participant in four National Poetry
Slams, he was one of the six poets representing America at the
First Annual Canadian Spoken Wordlympics in Ottawa this
past October. Recently he was honored in the Poets and
Writers League "Writers and their Friends" 2004 show. An
ongoing student of the word, Taylor is noted for his wide-
ranging subject matter, his love poems, and, in
particular, his haiku. He=B4s the current Cleveland Champion of
the Haiku Death Match held at Gallery 324 earlier this year,
where he just edged out Cleveland poet Vladimir Swirinsky.

Chris Franke and I produce the Every Saturday at
Noon reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria. He has been
one of the five best-known poets in Northeast Ohio for
decades. His work is based on closely observing the language.
He uses visual and verbal puns, grammatical oddities, and
syntactical sleight of mind to achieve what I think are
Shakespearean effects. His work is dangerous, dark, and deep
for all its apparent play. He=B4s passionate about poetry, and it
shows. Listen closely.

Robert Miltner is associate professor of English at
Kent State University Stark where he teaches literature,
composition and creative writing, directs The Enormous Room
Reading Series, and edits The Raymond Carver Review, a peer-
reviewed, electronic journal. His poems, reviews and stories
have appeared in a wide variety of journals, and he is the
author of author of six chapbooks, including the Wick Award-
winning Against the Simple (Kent State University Press). He=B4s
fresh from a crowd-pleasing triumph at the Every Saturday at
Noon reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria this past
Saturday.

Marcus Bales Not much is known about Marcus Bales
except that he runs the weekly Every Saturday At Noon
reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria downtown, and
that his poems have never appeared in Poetry Magazine or The
New Yorker.

Jack McGuane is Poet Laureate of Lakewood, 2006-
2007. a seventy-nine year old project 60 student at Cleveland
State University studying poetry in all its aspects.  Jack also
serves as the Poetry Editor for Whiskey Island, the CSU
literary magazine, and invites poetry and fiction submissions
from everyone.  Recently, his work has been published in the
anthology Family Matters from Bottom Dog Press, in
Artcrimes, issue #21, In the Nov 3rg Club Fall 2006 issue, in
Twin Cranes Press and elsewhere.  His work will also be
included in the forthcoming publication Favorite Lakewood
Poetry and early next year Deep Cleveland Press is scheduled
to release his chapbook "Sleeping With My Socks".

Roger Craik, associate professor of English at the
Ashtabula Campus, has been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship
to teach at Sofia University, in Bulgaria, in spring 2007. An
associate professor of English at the Ashtabula Campus,he will
teach two courses while there: Modernism to undergraduates
and Contemporary British Poetry to master's students. He has
worked at the KSU Ashtabula Campus since 1991. Born and
raised in England, he was educated at the universities of
Reading and Southampton. Around and between three books
about literature and 15 full-length articles, he writes his own
poetry. From 2002-2005 the Ginninderra Press in Australia
published three of his books, and since then he has completed
two other collections, a chapbook and has given many readings
in Ohio and out of state. His had a recent poetry reading at
Joseph Beth Booksellers at Legacy Village, in the "Celebrating
the Creative Spirit in Cleveland", and has read at the Every
Saturday at Noon series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria
downtown.

Malkiese Paythress is a multimedia/urban
conceptual artist originally from Tucson, Az; now representing
Cleveland, Ohio's North Coast. He evolved from a 15yr. old
graffiti "tagger" to studying and reflecting the different aspects
of art, from canvas painting and murals, to computer graphic
design. Other forms of involvement include the various
elements of hip-hop, and spoken word poetry. His professional
experience includes: designing murals, album covers,
promotional flyers, portraits, business logos, clothing and
tattoo designs...

--Alt-Boundary-16676.151239937

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
City Hall Rotunda Art and Poetry Show December 8, 2006 at
Noon – 1:30 pm</span></font>
>From Noon to 1:30 pm the Mayor’s office and Gallery 324
present the Rotunda Art and Reading event to present the
Rotunda displays for winter and the holiday season. Poets will
read on themes of winter and the winter holidays. Art will be
displayed on the same themes. A number of different
celebratory displays will be set up honoring various groups.</span></font>
The poets to read are:</span></font>
Brian Taylor</span></font>
 has appeared in just about every poetry
venue in Northeast Ohio. A participant in four National Poetry
Slams, he was one of the six poets representing America at the
First Annual Canadian Spoken Wordlympics in Ottawa this
past October. Recently he was honored in the Poets and
Writers League "Writers and their Friends" 2004 show. An
ongoing student of the word, Taylor is noted for his wide-
ranging subject matter, his love poems, and, in<br />
particular, his haiku. He’s the current Cleveland Champion of
the Haiku Death Match held at Gallery 324 earlier this year,
where he just edged out Cleveland poet Vladimir Swirinsky.</span></font>
Chris Franke </span></font>
and I produce the Every Saturday at
Noon reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria. He has been
one of the five best-known poets in Northeast Ohio for
decades. His work is based on closely observing the language.
He uses visual and verbal puns, grammatical oddities, and
syntactical sleight of mind to achieve what I think are
Shakespearean effects. His work is dangerous, dark, and deep
for all its apparent play. He’s passionate about poetry, and it
shows. Listen closely.</span></font>
Robert Miltner</span></font>
 is associate professor of English at
Kent State University Stark where he teaches literature,
composition and creative writing, directs The Enormous Room
Reading Series, and edits The Raymond Carver Review, a peer-
reviewed, electronic journal. His poems, reviews and stories
have appeared in a wide variety of journals, and he is the
author of author of six chapbooks, including the Wick Award-
winning Against the Simple (Kent State University Press). He’s
fresh from a crowd-pleasing triumph at the Every Saturday at
Noon reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria this past
Saturday.</span></font>
Marcus Bales </span></font>
Not much is known about Marcus Bales
except that he runs the weekly Every Saturday At Noon
reading series at Gallery 324 in the Galleria downtown, and
that his poems have never appeared in Poetry Magazine or The
New Yorker. </span></font>
Jack McGuane</span></font>
 is Poet Laureate of Lakewood, 2006-
2007. a seventy-nine year old project 60 student at Cleveland
State University studying poetry in all its aspects.  Jack also
serves as the Poetry Editor for Whiskey Island, the CSU
literary magazine, and invites poetry and fiction submissions
from everyone.  Recently, his work has been published in the
anthology Family Matters from Bottom Dog Press, in
Artcrimes, issue #21, In the Nov 3rg Club Fall 2006 issue, in
Twin Cranes Press and elsewhere.  His work will also be
included in the forthcoming publication Favorite Lakewood
Poetry and early next year Deep Cleveland Press is scheduled
to release his chapbook “Sleeping With My Socks”.</span></font=

Roger Craik</span></font>
[...]
downtown.</span></font>
Malkiese Paythress</span></font>
 is a multimedia/urban
conceptual artist originally from Tucson, Az; now representing
Cleveland, Ohio's North Coast. He evolved from a 15yr. old
graffiti "tagger" to studying and reflecting the different aspec=
ts
of art, from canvas painting and murals, to computer graphic
design. Other forms of involvement include the various
elements of hip-hop, and spoken word poetry. His professional
experience includes: designing murals, album covers,
promotional flyers, portraits, business logos, clothing and
tattoo designs...</span></font>

--Alt-Boundary-16676.151239937--