[NEohioPAL]Pay to Play

Stephanie Kirk stefina1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 17:37:01 PST 2006

--0-1846193576-1165801021=:86919

Hi Everyone,

  I'm an acting student at CSU and have been getting neopal emails for about 1 year.  I find them very helpful and have gotten some jobs from them.  However, I have a request for all of the groups who post audition notices:  Be up front about fees that you assess to the players of your production.  It ends up being a quasi class like situation when people have to pay to play except they aren't told ahead of time.

  This is a perfectly exceptable way of doing business but you should be up front about it.  This is exactly opposite of what paid actors are looking for.   It's like asking actors, after they show up, if he/she minds undressing or something.  Like, "oh... nobody told you?" or "yeah, it's no big deal"  I've showed up to two auditions like this.  I immediately left, but had gone through some trouble to get babysitting and had shaved my legs and everything. Please let us know before hand.

  Stephanie Kirk
  Drama Student
  Cleveland State University