[NEohioPAL]correction to Berko review: JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR (Playhouse Square Center)

Al Diamond Phillips alitivity at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 18:09:43 PST 2006

Ian Gillan was the voice of Jesus on the original
concept album. Jeff Fenholt was the first to play
Jesus on Broadway (Ben Vareen was Judas)in 1971.It
closed after only 18 months. In 1972 Paul Nicholas
played Jesus in the London Production. it played for 8
yrs. Ted Neely took the role for the 1973 film which
was the eigth top grossing film of that year. He was
nominated for a Golden Globe.

I saw the show last night and loved it. I have seen
the show in many incarnations. With exception to my
own performance as Jesus at Kent State Stark in 2002,
This latest version is my favorite.

www.aldiamondphillips.com

http://www.fredsternfeld.com/beautyandthebeastencore06.htm