[NEohioPAL]Open Call for New World Children's Theatre

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Tue Dec 26 07:11:45 PST 2006

Greetings,

Playwriting Workshop

WHO: Standing Rock Cultural Arts

WHAT: Sign up for next New World Children's Theatre Playwriting Workshop

WHEN: Begins January 13, 2006. 2-3pm. Ends with 3 performances May 11-13
at The Kent Stage in downtown Kent.

WHERE: North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent, Ohio

AGES: 8 -17.

MAXIMUM STUDENTS: 12 .

COST: $200.00 Per Student
(Arrangements can be made for low-income families.)

CONTACT: To learn more or to sign-up, contact Jeff Ingram at 330.673.4970 or
info at standingrock.net

UPDATES: www.standingrock.net

Classes meet twice a week to write play. (Usually the sessions are 3:30-
5pm on Thursdays and 2-3:30pm on Saturdays, although we are somewhat
flexible.) Once the play is written, the kids meet three times a week to
rehearse and create the sets for the play.

The Workshop will conclude with 3 performances, May 11 through May 13,
2007 at The Kent Stage, 175 E. Main in downtown Kent.

NEW WORLD CHILDREN'S THEATRE DESCRIPTION:

The New World Children’s Theater began as The New World Puppet Theater
at the North Water Street Gallery in Kent, Ohio, in January of 1993.
Originally, it was comprised of home-school children. Throughout the
years , however, it has grown to include public-schooled children as
well. Eventually, the troupe outgrew the puppets and the ensemble became
The New World Children’s Theater, which has produced 20 plays since
1994. In addition to the emphasis on original playwriting, the company
is dedicated to using recycled materials in the construction of its sets
and props. This fosters an understanding of a sustainable planet as well
as an understanding of how to work with limited resources. The only
requirement is an active imagination.

The New World Children’s Theatre is always looking for donations to
support students from low income families as well as our our ongoing
activities. Donations are tax deductible and can be made to Standing
Rock Cultural Arts, 257 N. Water St., Kent, Ohio 44240.

Thank you for supporting the creative minds of our young people.

Jeff Ingram/Director
New World Children’s Theatre
257 N. Water St.
Kent, Ohio 44240
330-673-4970
www.standingrock.net

NEW WORLD CHILDREN’S THEATRE HISTORY

1. One for the Money, Two for the Show (1993)
2. Her Child, Her Master (1993)

3. Erie (1994)

4. The Face of Fear (1995)
5. Juliette’s Balcony (1995)
6. The Butterfly Princess (1995)

7. East of the Sun, West of the Moon (1996)
8. The Case of the Canine Kidnap Caper (1996)
9. Ruckus in Portage County (1996)
10. Attack of the Killer Coral (1996)

11. Bizzare (1997)

12. Return to Atlantis (1998)

13. Ironic Mousse (1999)
14. Skits-o-phrenia (1999)

15. The Tycoon (2000)

16. Channel Zero (2001)

17. Le Poulet Sans Tete (2002)

18. The Giving Tree, an original adaptation. (2003)

19. Zoo Escape (2004)

20. Wild Things (2005)

21. The Island of Stray Cats