[NEohioPAL]Acting for the Camera, taught by Rohn Thomas is now scheduled!

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Jan 8 11:21:41 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C73330.51155DB0

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe  (330) 836-2626x 17

    In answer to the many requests recieved since Thursdays posting:  =
YES!  Rohn Thomas' class "Acting for the Camera" is now scheduled!  The =
class is capped at 12 students to allow time for individual instruction =
and feedback, so register today!

Acting for the Camera
Mondays, 7:00 pm ~ 9:00 pm, Four Classes, Tuition $100
March 26 ~ April 23, NO CLASS ON APRIL 9
Instructor: Rohn Thomas ~=20
    Check out his IMBD here! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859459/=20
    Check him out on Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohn_Thomas
    Full Credentials to follow soon.

Weathervane
Adult Education
SPRING 2007
~ Ages 18 and Up ~

Act Out!=20
Saturdays, 1:30 pm ~ 3:30 pm, Six Classes, Tuition $150
January 27 ~ March 10, NO CLASS ON MARCH 3
Instructor: Pete Ferry, AEA, AFTRA, SAG
    "Acting is repeatedly performing, before audiences, words and =
actions, each and every time with exactly the same tempo, inflection, =
emotion and meaning, while making them appear to be happening for the =
very first time.
    If the actor is an artist, his role is the object that he presents =
to his viewer for contemplation. As any artist knows, this object, the =
role, must be meticulously crafted and controlled, and yet appear to be =
spontaneous and immediate. The control originates from the actor's =
craft, his technique; while the spontaneity originates from his =
assumptions, his internalized value judgements.
    We will discuss these value judgements, and how they affect our work =
as actors; and we will study craft and technique. Specifically, I will =
show you how to analyze a script while you are rehearsing, and to =
memorize it at the same time.=20
    Work will be limited to two-person scenes, one to be assigned, =
others to be selected by the students. The class will meet for six two =
hour sessions. I look forward to working with you!"

Stage Makeup for the Actor
Saturdays, 2:00 pm ~ 6:00 pm, One Class, Tuition $80
March 10, 2007
Instructor: Melanie YC Pepe, Director of Education
    Melanie has designed makeup for over fifty theater productions, as =
well as TV & film. She also designes makeup for NEOUCOM, College of =
Medicine.
    A HANDS ON workshop: ALL techniques are demonstrated for student, =
but the focus of this class is self-application. A practical guide to =
the fundamentals of Stage Makeup. Learn techniques to help transmit your =
acting to the BACK row. OR change the way you look altogether! Students =
will learn "Basic Corrective Makeup" techniques, and how to apply these =
techniques to a character makeup. A complete Makeup kit will be provided =
for each student to keep. Practice makes perfect!

The Business of Voice Acting
Saturdays, 3:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm, Four Classes, Tuition $100
April 14 ~ May 5
Instructor: Joe Cali; AFTRA, SAG
    What can you do to become professional? Forget what you've been told =
about the quality of your voice. Can you read? Can you interpret? Can =
you bring copy to life? Unlike stage actors, voice actors often receive =
NO advance script. yet YOU must be able to bring the text to life! =
Develop these skills along with the business savvy you need for a career =
in Voice Acting. And GET CALLED AGAIN!

Stage Combat
TBA
Instructor: John Davis ~=20
    Check out his website here!  www.ThrustHome.com
    Full Credentials to follow.

Space is limited so sign-up today! ####
------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C73330.51155DB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"CG Times"><FONT=20
color=3D#800000><STRONG>NEWS RELEASE</STRONG></FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"CG Times">
<DIV align=3Dleft><STRONG>Contact: Melanie YC Pepe  =
</STRONG></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"CG Times" size=3D1><STRONG>(330) 836-2626x =
17</STRONG></FONT></DIV></FONT>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><STRONG>  </STRONG>  In answer to the =
many=20
requests recieved since Thursdays posting:  <STRONG>YES!  Rohn =
Thomas'=20
class "Acting for the Camera" is now scheduled!  </STRONG>The class =
is=20
capped at 12 students to allow time for individual instruction and =
feedback, so=20
register today!</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft>
<DIV><STRONG>Acting for the Camera</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>
<DIV><STRONG>Mondays, 7:00 pm ~ 9:00 pm, Four Classes, Tuition =

$100</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>March 26 ~ April 23, NO CLASS ON APRIL=20
9</STRONG></DIV></STRONG><STRONG>Instructor: Rohn Thomas ~ =
</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>    <EM>Check out his IMBD =
here!</EM></STRONG>=20
<U><FONT color=3D#0000ff>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859459/</FONT></U> =
</DIV>
<DIV>    <STRONG><EM>Check him out on =
Wikipedia!</EM></STRONG> <A=20
href=3D"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohn_Thomas"><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohn_Thomas</FONT></A></DIV>=

<DIV>    <STRONG>Full Credentials to follow=20
soon=85</STRONG></DIV></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT =
size=3D4>Weathervane</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>Adult =
Education</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>SPRING =
2007</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG>~ Ages 18 and Up ~</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Act Out! </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Saturdays, 1:30 pm ~ 3:30 pm, Six Classes, Tuition=20
$150</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>January 27 ~ March 10, NO CLASS ON MARCH 3</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Instructor: Pete Ferry, AEA, AFTRA, SAG</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>    "Acting is repeatedly performing, before =
audiences,=20
words and actions, each and every time with exactly the same tempo, =
inflection,=20
emotion and meaning, while making them appear to be happening for the =
very first=20
time.</DIV>
<DIV>    If the actor is an artist, his role is the =
object that=20
he presents to his viewer for contemplation. As any artist knows, this =
object,=20
the role, must be meticulously crafted and controlled, and yet appear to =
be=20
spontaneous and immediate. The control originates from the actor's =
craft, his=20
technique; while the spontaneity originates from his assumptions, his=20
internalized value judgements.</DIV>
<DIV>    We will discuss these value judgements, and how =
they=20
affect our work as actors; and we will study craft and technique. =
Specifically,=20
I will show you how to analyze a script while you are rehearsing, and to =

memorize it at the same time. </DIV>
<DIV>    Work will be limited to two-person scenes, one =
to be=20
assigned, others to be selected by the students. The class will meet for =
six two=20
hour sessions. I look forward to working with you!"</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Stage Makeup for the Actor</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Saturdays, 2:00 pm ~ 6:00 pm, One Class, Tuition =
$80</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>March 10, 2007</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Instructor: Melanie YC Pepe, Director of =
Education</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>    Melanie has designed makeup for over fifty =
theater=20
productions, as well as TV & film. She also designes makeup for =
NEOUCOM,=20
College of Medicine.</DIV>
<DIV>    A HANDS ON workshop: ALL techniques are =
demonstrated for=20
student, but the focus of this class is self-application. A practical =
guide to=20
the fundamentals of Stage Makeup. Learn techniques to help transmit your =
acting=20
to the BACK row. OR change the way you look altogether! Students will =
learn=20
"Basic Corrective Makeup" techniques, and how to apply these techniques =
to a=20
character makeup. A complete Makeup kit will be provided for each =
student to=20
keep. Practice makes perfect!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>The Business of Voice Acting</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Saturdays, 3:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm, Four Classes, Tuition=20
$100</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>April 14 ~ May 5</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Instructor: Joe Cali; AFTRA, SAG</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>    What can you do to become professional? Forget =
what=20
you=92ve been told about the quality of your voice. Can you read? Can =
you=20
interpret? Can you bring copy to life? Unlike stage actors, voice actors =
often=20
receive NO advance script=85 yet YOU must be able to bring the text to =
life!=20
Develop these skills along with the business savvy you need for a career =
in=20
Voice Acting. And GET CALLED AGAIN!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Stage Combat</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>TBA</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Instructor: John Davis</STRONG> ~ </DIV>
<DIV>    <STRONG><EM>Check out his website=20
here!</EM></STRONG>  <A=20
href=3D"http://www.ThrustHome.com">www.ThrustHome.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>   <STRONG> Full Credentials to =
follow=85</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Space is <I>limited</I> so sign-up today!=20
####</STRONG></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C73330.51155DB0--