[NEohioPAL]Coach House review

stagetopage at aim.com stagetopage at aim.com
Sat Feb 3 11:39:54 PST 2007

----------MB_8C915E2366071B2_C28_6E28_FWM-M36.sysops.aol.com

 REVIEW: COACH HOUSE'S MAMET FULL OF LAUGHS
=20
=20
Coach House Theatre, with its largely senior audience, has taken a risk in p=
roducing the vitriolic David Mamet=E2=80=99s A Life in the Theatre.
=20
It=E2=80=99s a risk that has paid off artistically, despite the unusually sl=
im audience I saw in the tiny Akron theater Thursday evening. Congratulation=
s to outgoing artistic director Jim Fippin for choosing to present and direc=
t this thought-provoking, entertaining piece.
=20
I=E2=80=99m glad I caught the tail end of the production, which closes at 8=20=
tonight. In this two-man 1977 play, Mamet pokes somewhat loving yet sardonic=
 fun at thespians. Just about every stereotype about actors is trotted out h=
ere, but Mamet=E2=80=99s gift for dialogue makes it all seem fresh and =E2=
=80=94 above all =E2=80=94 keeps us laughing.
=20
=20
=20
For the full review, see http://kerryclawson.wordpress.com.
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading s=
pam and email virus protection.

----------MB_8C915E2366071B2_C28_6E28_FWM-M36.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY>

 in producing the vitriolic David Mamet=E2=80=99s <EM>A Life in the Theatre<=
/EM>.</div>

ly slim audience I saw in the tiny Akron theater Thursday evening. Congratul=
ations to outgoing artistic director Jim Fippin for choosing to present and=20=
direct this thought-provoking, entertaining piece.</div>

at 8 tonight. In this two-man 1977 play, Mamet pokes somewhat loving yet sar=
donic fun at thespians. Just about every stereotype about actors is trotted=20=
out here, but Mamet=E2=80=99s gift for dialogue makes it all seem fresh and=20=
=E2=80=94 above all =E2=80=94 keeps us laughing.</div>

http://kerryclawson.wordpress.com</A>.</div>

<hr style=3D"margin-top:10px;" />
?redir=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaim%2Ecom%2Ffun%2Fmail%2F" target=3D"_blank"><b>=
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail</b></a> -- 2 GB of storage and industry-l=
eading spam and email virus protection.<br />

</BODY></HTML>

----------MB_8C915E2366071B2_C28_6E28_FWM-M36.sysops.aol.com--