[NEohioPAL]NPR

tbkotler at aol.com tbkotler at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 05:16:24 PST 2007

----------MB_8C91E517622A7D7_700_40BF_WEBMAIL-MB02.sysops.aol.com

Dear Fellow NeOPalers:

In my humble opinion, we need to take the kind of action McGinty recommends . . . write our Senators and most importantly, your own Congressman.  However, I would not panic just yet.  The threat to public broadcasting only made into Subcommittee; not for vote before the full House much less the Senate.  Moreover, that was in 2006, before the Democratic party took control of Congress.  The full story can be found at   http://www.snopes.com/politics/arts/pbs2006.asp.

In summary, the proposal was to slash funding by 23%, not to entirely eradicate public broadcasting.  Still, for those of us who support the full continued funding of NPR, PRI and PBS our remedy lies with our Congress who still controls the funding of every Federal governmental endeavor.

Very truly yours;

Atty. Todd B. Kotler

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.   If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail.    If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail.   Thank you.

----------MB_8C91E517622A7D7_700_40BF_WEBMAIL-MB02.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY>

<SPAN class=correction id="">Atty</SPAN>. Todd B. <SPAN class=correction id="">Kotler</SPAN><br>
DISCLAIMER<br>
This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.   If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail.    If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail.   Thank you.</div>

<hr style="margin-top:10px;" />

</BODY></HTML>

----------MB_8C91E517622A7D7_700_40BF_WEBMAIL-MB02.sysops.aol.com--