[NEohioPAL]Food and Drink in the Auditorium

VanBrujah at aol.com VanBrujah at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 19:35:47 PST 2007

-------------------------------1171856147

I see this problem in our high school productions all the time. My  theory on
it is this:
People have convinced themselves that the rules apply to everyone  EXCEPT
them.

We also have a small group of parents who  - even though their  children have
been involved in community and high school theatre for years, and  they know
better - continue to sneak cameras into performances and  shoot flash pictures
during them, despite signs and an  announcement telling them this is not
permitted. Their new thing is to  sit in the 5th or 6th row, dead center, where
they think we won't be able to get  to them and tell them to stop. We actually
had to interrupt a performance 2  weeks ago and tell them to stop. One parent
actually walked past me with a  camera bag, and when I reminded her that she
could not take pictures, she  insisted that it was for after the show, and she
didn't want to leave  it in her car. Of course, as soon as the lights went
down, out came her camera  and the flashes began.

So here's a good question for all you HS Drama folks out there - What do  YOU
do when this happens? How far do you press the issue with people who don't
mind reminding you that "as a taxpayer, I pay your salary?"

I'm curious to hear.

-------------------------------1171856147

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>I see this problem in our high school productions all the time. My=
=20
theory on it is this:</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>People have convinced themselves that the rules apply to everyo=
ne=20
EXCEPT them.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>We also have a small group of parents who  - even though their=20
children have been involved in community and high school theatre for years,=20=
and=20
they know better - continue to sneak cameras into performances and=
=20
shoot flash pictures during them, despite signs <STRONG>and</STRONG> an=20
announcement telling them this is not permitted. Their new thing i=
s to=20
sit in the 5th or 6th row, dead center, where they think we won't be able to=
 get=20
to them and tell them to stop. We actually had to interrupt a performan=
ce 2=20
weeks ago and tell them to stop. One parent actually walked past me with a=20
camera bag, and when I reminded her that she could not take pictures, she=20
insisted that it was for <EM>after </EM>the show, and she didn't want to lea=
ve=20
it in her car. Of course, as soon as the lights went down, out came her came=
ra=20
and the flashes began.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>So here's a good question for all you HS Drama folks out there - What d=
o=20
YOU do when this happens? How far do you press the issue with people who don=
't=20
mind reminding you that "<EM>as a taxpayer, I pay your salary</EM>?" </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I'm curious to hear.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>