[NEohioPAL]MICHAEL JANTZ, CD Release Party for SNAPSHOTS OF THE UNIVERSE

Angela Siciliano starfieldpromo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 15:37:05 PST 2007

GREAT PERFORMER, GREAT MUSIC!!

MICHAEL JANTZ
www.myspace.com/michaeljantz

Saturday, MARCH 10th
Cleveland CD Release Show
To Premier His New CD
SNAPSHOTS OF THE UNIVERSE
Show Starts at 9:00 pm

Beachland Ballroom / Tavern
15711 Waterloo Rd.
Cleveland, OH  44110
www.beachlandballroom.com

Michael Jantz
with
The Bittersweets  and  Ryan Auffenberg
$8.00
~ ~ ~
For IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MICHAEL JANTZ TO RELEASE SOPHOMORE ALBUM
Washington DC Based Artist Graduates from Street
Corners and Open Mics to Deliver Another Stunning
Effort!

Washington, DC— Singer/songwriter Michael Jantz earned
his skills the hard way, working the open mics in his
hometown of Cleveland, Ohio and wandering through
Europe to perform on street corners.  He built his
reputation up song by song, eventually becoming a top
local draw, and subsequently landed on tours with Paul
Simon and Brian Wilson.  Jantz was also voted “Best
Male Singer/Songwriter” in the Cleveland Free Times
Reader Poll in 2004 before relocating to Washington
D.C.

"It's kind of like starting from square one," Jantz
says. "You have to prove yourself all over again;
build relationships with bar owners, critics, the
people who come see you perform. I went from being a
top draw in my hometown to being a complete unknown.”
But slowly he won over his new home audience, building
up a large DC following in a short time.  Jantz
appeared in Entertainment DC magazine’s “Best of Local
Music” in 2005, placed high in On Tap magazine's 2006
Texas Road trip Competition’, and was named “Artist to
Watch” in 2006 by radio station Z104.

Now Jantz is back with his second album, Snapshots of
the Universe.  Engineered by Tom Schick (Ryan Adams,
Rufus Wainwright, Sean Lennon, Yoko Ono) and mastered
by Fred Kevorkian (the White Stripes, Ryan Adams, Dave
Matthews Band, Iggy Pop), Snapshots reveals an older,
wiser, and more polished musician than on his
self-titled 2002 debut, ranging from rollicking
acoustic-based rock to mellow storyteller blues.  The
album features drummer Steve Bowman (the Bittersweets,
Counting Crows, Third Eye Blind) and contributions
from Bittersweets singer Hannah Prater, producer Jerry
Becker, and Scott Barkan of Barky and Hypnotic
Clambake.

Jantz will be touring in the coming months to promote
the new album, and currently holds a Sunday night
residency at the Wonderland Ballroom in the Columbia
Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC.  He has taken
the high-energy atmosphere of his new stomping ground,
and the shock of being dropped into a bustling,
unfamiliar city, and channeled them into his
songwriting. “For the past year, I put every single
moment of joy, grief, anger, and love into this
album,” says Jantz.

He’s also a long way removed from the street corners,
but that experience helped to shape Jantz into the
artist he is today.  “Climbing my way up from playing
in subways and city parks for pocket change was hard
enough the first time,” says Jantz. “Doing it twice
has taught me more than I can describe.”

For more information, please visit
www.michaeljantz.com and www.myspace.com/michaeljantz

CONTACT:  Starfield Inc, Publicist - 440-899-5023

Regards,
Angie
Angie Siciliano
Starfield Inc.

Marketing/PR for Artists & Small Businesses
Ph: 440-899-5023
Fax: 440-899-1217
other email:  angdestiny at aol.com
  www.StarfieldMusic.com