[NEohioPAL]Peter Pan Opening March 16

Dave Banks dbanks1 at neo.rr.com
Wed Mar 7 09:30:50 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C760B4.70BF3F30

PRESS RELEASE

=20

The CenterStage Theater Department at Walsh Jesuit High School presents =
its Spring musical production of James M Barrie's "Peter Pan," March =
16th at 7:30PM, March 17th at 7:30PM, March 18th at 2:00PM, March 23rd =
at 7:30PM, and March 24th at 2:00PM and 7:30PM in the Cuyahoga Falls =
High School Auditoium, 2300 Fourth Street, in Cuyahoga Falls. There will =
be two preview performances on March 14th, and 15th at 7PM. =20

This musical has been a timeless favorite among adults and children =
alike. Most recently, Cathy Rigby has performed and toured as Peter Pan =
and has produced a DVD presentation of the live performance as well as a =
cast CD.  Mr. Banks has procured ZFX Flying to produce the flying =
scenes. They are the same company that did Rigby's tour. It requires a =
fly system in place at the theatre as well as 15 hours of set up and =
rehearsals specific to the act of flying during the week the show opens.

The Walsh Jesuit High School theatre is undergoing a massive renovation, =
and the CenterStage Theatre has had to seek an alternate site for this =
year's productions. "I didn't want the Senior class group of actors to =
feel slighted in any way because of the construction process, so part of =
the reasons for choosing "Peter Pan" was in producing a very well known =
classic that would involve special effects, a live pit orchestra, =
dancing, comedy, in a venue that could handle all we could throw at it. =
Cuyahoga Falls High School's Auditorium was a prime location and they =
have allowed us to rent their facility and technical crew so this year's =
production will be held in an auditorium that is designed to accommodate =
all our needs. Charles Korecki, the CFHS Theatre Manager, has been very =
helpful in providing the necessary technical information required for =
putting a show of this magnitude on. The other factors in choosing =
"Peter Pan," came from the size of the cast, and the varying styles of =
characters it creates as well as memorable music, a time honored script, =
and sets that were challenging, yet interesting to create.  As a 1974 =
alumni of Cuyahoga Falls High School, Mr. Banks is indeed excited about =
producing the show there.  "Doing our show there has brought back many =
memories for me as I walk through those hallways and in the auditorium. =
Much of my interest in professional performing came from the experiences =
I had there and I am grateful to Walsh Jesuit for stepping up and =
providing funds to make this show a reality and also to Cuyahoga Falls =
High School, for giving me a chance to produce something on the stage of =
my alma mater."

"We are attempting to recreate the magic and energy from the original =
Broadway version, while at the same time, add our own creative flavor to =
the staging and characters," says Mr. Banks of the staging concepts.  =
Cast as Peter Pan are Erin Pinkerton of Stow and Caroline Bach from =
Copley. Senior Ryan Miller, from Hudson will portray the evil and over =
the top Captain Hook, while Junior Mark Leach from Norton will be his =
number one, Mr. Smee. Jessica Posey of Fairlawn and Joanna Bird from =
Akron will play Wendy, while Jonathon and Michael will be played by =
Stephen Wojtila of Aurora and Alyse Marquinez from Hudson. Macedonia =
resident Jackie Komos plays the role of Tiger Lily, Jimmy Wojtila will =
be Mr. Darling and Danielle Wright of Akron  plays Mrs. Darling. =
Macedonia resident Rick Heldenfels is Slightly and Hayden Gilbert of =
Akron is Starkey.

Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for students and Senior =
Citizens.  Senior group discounts are also available as well as for =
school groups. For more information on the upcoming production, you may =
email Mr. Banks at banksd at walshjesuit.org or to buy tickets, call =
330-330-656-3372 or michelemiller718 at alltel.net .

=20

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C760B4.70BF3F30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><U><FONT size=3D2><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">PRESS RELEASE<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =
=3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"=20
/><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></U></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT =
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D2> </FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><FONT=20
size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">The CenterStage Theater =
Department at Walsh=20
Jesuit High School presents its Spring musical production of James M =
Barrie=92s=20
=93Peter Pan,=94 March 16<SUP>th</SUP> at 7:30PM, March 17<SUP>th</SUP> =
at 7:30PM,=20
March 18<SUP>th</SUP> at 2:00PM, March 23<SUP>rd</SUP> at 7:30PM, and =
March 24th=20
at 2:00PM and 7:30PM in the Cuyahoga Falls High School Auditoium, 2300 =
Fourth=20
Street, in Cuyahoga Falls. There will be two preview performances on =
March=20
14<SUP>th</SUP>, and 15<SUP>th</SUP> at <?xml:namespace prefix =3D st1 =
ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:time w:st=3D"on" =
Minute=3D"0"=20
Hour=3D"19">7PM</st1:time>. <SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>This musical has been a timeless =
favorite among=20
adults and children alike. Most recently, Cathy Rigby has performed and =
toured=20
as Peter Pan and has produced a DVD presentation of the live performance =
as well=20
as a cast CD.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Mr. Banks =
has=20
procured ZFX Flying to produce the flying scenes. They are the same =
company that=20
did Rigby=92s tour. It requires a fly system in place at the theatre as =
well as 15=20
hours of set up and rehearsals specific to the act of flying during the =
week the=20
show opens.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>The <st1:place =
w:st=3D"on"><st1:PlaceName=20
w:st=3D"on">Walsh</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName =
w:st=3D"on">Jesuit</st1:PlaceName>=20
<st1:PlaceType w:st=3D"on">High School</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> =
theatre is=20
undergoing a massive renovation, and the CenterStage Theatre has had to =
seek an=20
alternate site for this year=92s productions. =93I didn=92t want the =
Senior class=20
group of actors to feel slighted in any way because of the construction =
process,=20
so part of the reasons for choosing =93Peter Pan=94 was in producing a =
very well=20
known classic that would involve special effects, a live pit orchestra, =
dancing,=20
comedy, in a venue that could handle all we could throw at it. =
<st1:place=20
w:st=3D"on"><st1:PlaceName w:st=3D"on">Cuyahoga Falls</st1:PlaceName> =
<st1:PlaceType=20
w:st=3D"on">High School</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>=92s Auditorium was a =
prime=20
location and they have allowed us to rent their facility and technical =
crew so=20
this year=92s production will be held in an auditorium that is designed =
to=20
accommodate all our needs. Charles Korecki, the CFHS Theatre Manager, =
has been=20
very helpful in providing the necessary technical information required =
for=20
putting a show of this magnitude on. The other factors in choosing =
=93Peter Pan,=94=20
came from the size of the cast, and the varying styles of characters it =
creates=20
as well as memorable music, a time honored script, and sets that were=20
challenging, yet interesting to create.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes"> =20
</SPAN>As a 1974 alumni of <st1:place w:st=3D"on"><st1:PlaceName=20
w:st=3D"on">Cuyahoga Falls</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType =
w:st=3D"on">High=20
School</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, Mr. Banks is indeed excited about =
producing=20
the show there.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>=93Doing =
our show=20
there has brought back many memories for me as I walk through those =
hallways and=20
in the auditorium. Much of my interest in professional performing came =
from the=20
experiences I had there and I am grateful to Walsh Jesuit for stepping =
up and=20
providing funds to make this show a reality and also to <st1:place=20
w:st=3D"on"><st1:PlaceName w:st=3D"on">Cuyahoga Falls</st1:PlaceName> =
<st1:PlaceType=20
w:st=3D"on">High School</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, for giving me a =
chance to=20
produce something on the stage of my alma mater.=94</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>=93We are attempting to recreate the =
magic and=20
energy from the original Broadway version, while at the same time, add =
our own=20
creative flavor to the staging and characters,=94 says Mr. Banks of the =
staging=20
concepts.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Cast as Peter =
Pan are=20
Erin Pinkerton of <st1:place w:st=3D"on"><st1:City=20
w:st=3D"on">Stow</st1:City></st1:place> and Caroline Bach from Copley. =
Senior Ryan=20
Miller, from <st1:place w:st=3D"on"><st1:City=20
w:st=3D"on">Hudson</st1:City></st1:place> will portray the evil and over =
the top=20
Captain Hook, while Junior Mark Leach from Norton will be his number =
one, Mr.=20
Smee. Jessica Posey of Fairlawn and Joanna Bird from <st1:City=20
w:st=3D"on">Akron</st1:City> will play Wendy, while Jonathon and Michael =
will be=20
played by Stephen Wojtila of Aurora and Alyse Marquinez from <st1:place=20
w:st=3D"on"><st1:City w:st=3D"on">Hudson</st1:City></st1:place>. =
<st1:country-region=20
w:st=3D"on">Macedonia</st1:country-region> resident Jackie Komos plays =
the role of=20
Tiger Lily, Jimmy Wojtila will be Mr. Darling and Danielle Wright of =
<st1:place=20
w:st=3D"on"><st1:City w:st=3D"on">Akron</st1:City></st1:place> <SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>plays Mrs. Darling. =
<st1:country-region=20
w:st=3D"on">Macedonia</st1:country-region> resident Rick Heldenfels is =
Slightly=20
and Hayden Gilbert of <st1:place w:st=3D"on"><st1:City=20
w:st=3D"on">Akron</st1:City></st1:place> is Starkey.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Tickets are $10.00 for adults and =
$8.00 for=20
students and Senior Citizens.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> =20
</SPAN>Senior group discounts are also available as well as for school =
groups.=20
For more information on the upcoming production, you may email Mr. Banks =
at=20
</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:banksd at walshjesuit.org"><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
size=3D2>banksd at walshjesuit.org</FONT></A><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2> or=20
to buy tickets, call 330-330-656-3372 or </FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:michelemiller718 at alltel.net"><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
size=3D2>michelemiller718 at alltel.net</FONT></A><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
size=3D2> .</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: =
0.5in"><o:p><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2> </FONT></o:p></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C760B4.70BF3F30--