[NEohioPAL]The Play House Club: Let's Boogie Woogie Baby!

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Fri Mar 9 10:33:40 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7624F.95F9E830

CLEVELAND (March 6, 2007) -- The Cleveland Play House announces the next
exciting production of its 2006-2007 Cleveland Play House Club Cabaret
Series - Boogie Woogie Baby!, an evening of the music ofThe Andrews Sisters,
opens March 9 and plays Friday and Saturday evenings at 9:00 pm in the
Club's main dining room through April 28. Boogie Woogie Baby! will have
Wednesday matinee performances beginning at 1:30 pm on March 14, 21, and 28.

During one of the most frightening eras in our country's history, The
Andrews Sisters helped take Americans' minds off of WWII.  Their music
entertained Allied Troops worldwide, sold war bonds, and appeared in many
popular films.  Hailed as the original girl group, the swinging sounds of
their tight harmonies made people forget the uncertainty of the times and
gave us some hit songs we'll never forget.

ABOUT THE SHOW
Featuring Natalie Green, Rebecca Marks, and Maggie Stahl as the Andrews
Sisters, Boogie Woogie Baby! is produced, written and directed by
professional actor Paul Floriano, with musical arrangements by Lawrence
Hartzell and musical direction by Maureen Hartung.

Boogie Woogie Baby! includes the unforgettable hit songs Don't Sit Under the
Apple Tree, Hold Tight, Shoo-Shoo Baby, Rum and Coca-Cola, and the
Academy-award nominated Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, as well as many other
favorites. This Play House Club cabaret is sure to transport toe-tapping
audiences back to a time of tight skirts and bobby sox as they embark on an
exciting musical journey through the early 1940's with "America's Wartime
Sweethearts".

Tickets for evening performances are $20. For matinees, tickets are $30 and
include lunch at noon.

The Play House Club will be serving a full menu during the evening cabaret
performances. Cash and major credit cards are accepted, and Club membership
is not required. Reservations may be made by calling (216) 795-7000.

# # #

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7624F.95F9E830

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>The Play House Club: Let’s Boogie Woogie Baby! </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">CLEVELAND (March 6, =
2007)</FONT></B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow"> -- The Cleveland Play House =
announces the next exciting production of its 2006-2007 Cleveland Play =
House Club Cabaret Series –<I> Boogie Woogie Baby!,</I> an evening =
of the music ofThe Andrews Sisters, opens March 9 and plays Friday and =
Saturday evenings at 9:00 pm in the Club’s main dining room =
through April 28.<I> Boogie Woogie Baby!</I> will have Wednesday matinee =
performances beginning at 1:30 pm on March 14, 21, and 28. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">During one of the most frightening eras =
in our country’s history, The Andrews Sisters helped take =
Americans’ minds off of WWII.  Their music entertained Allied =
Troops worldwide, sold war bonds, and appeared in many popular =
films.  Hailed as the original girl group, the swinging sounds of =
their tight harmonies made people forget the uncertainty of the times =
and gave us some hit songs we’ll never forget.</FONT></P>

<P><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">ABOUT THE SHOW</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Featuring Natalie Green, Rebecca Marks, =
and Maggie Stahl as the Andrews Sisters,</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Arial =
Narrow">Boogie Woogie Baby!</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow"> is =
produced, written and directed by professional actor Paul Floriano, with =
musical arrangements by Lawrence Hartzell and musical direction by =
Maureen Hartung.</FONT></P>

<P><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Boogie Woogie Baby!</FONT></I><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial Narrow"> includes the unforgettable hit songs</FONT><I> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Don’t Sit Under the Apple =
Tree</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Hold Tight</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial =
Narrow">,</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Shoo-Shoo =
Baby</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Rum and Coca-Cola</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial =
Narrow">, and the Academy-award nominated</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Arial =
Narrow">Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">, =
as well as many other favorites. This Play House Club cabaret is sure to =
transport toe-tapping audiences back to a time of tight skirts and bobby =
sox as they embark on an exciting musical journey through the early =
1940’s with “America’s Wartime =
Sweethearts”.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Tickets for evening performances are $20. =
For matinees, tickets are $30 and include lunch at noon. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">The Play House Club will be serving a =
full menu during the evening cabaret performances. Cash and major credit =
cards are accepted, and Club membership is not required. Reservations =
may be made by calling (216) 795-7000.</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"># # #</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7624F.95F9E830--