[NEohioPAL]Lollapa-Jews-a

D. Budin popcycles at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 18 06:27:52 PDT 2007

--0-2107084265-1174224472=:13212

Hey -- I'm doing a show.

  I know, I know -- we all do shows; that's why we're on this list.

  But this is a little different, because I haven't done a show for 27 years.  My name is David Budin and I'm a "recovering musician" who has recently fallen off the wagon.  I did a concert last summer at Cain Park, but that was a reunion with my former singing partner from 35 years ago.

  For this show, I'm on my own -- well, along with two great artists, who, unlike me, actually do perform all the time: my brother Noah Budin, who will be doing songs from his new CD Metaphor, and Kathryn Wolfe Sebo, who's the cantor at The Temple - Tifereth Israel, but is equally adept at popular music.  And playing with us are two of the best musicians in the area: Ed Ridley, Jr., on keyboards and Norm Tischler on woodwinds.

  I'll be doing comedy and singing a few songs.  And the three of us will sing some songs together as well.  The show, which is part of the Maltz Museum's concert series, is called "Lollapa-Jews-a."  It takes place this coming Thursday, March 22, at 7:00, at The Temple - Tifereth Israel (26000 Shaker Blvd., just past Richmond, in Beachwood).

  And you don't need to be Jewish to enjoy it.

  You can reserve tickets ($15) by calling 216-593-0575, or buy them at the door.

  For more information, you can also contact me at 216-791-5149 or popcycles at sbcglobal.net.

  And for slightly less information, check out this week's Cool Cleveland on Wednesday, in which I'll interview myself about the show in my "Signs of Life" column.

  Thanks for reading this and I hope to see you at the show (and, by the way, I can see the audience from the stage, so I'll know if you were there or not).

  David Budin

--0-2107084265-1174224472=:13212

<DIV>Hey -- I'm doing a show.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I know, I know -- we all do shows; that's why we're on this list.  </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>But this is a little different, because I haven't done a show for 27 years.  My name is David Budin and I'm a "recovering musician" who has recently fallen off the wagon.  I did a concert last summer at Cain Park, but that was a reunion with my former singing partner from 35 years ago.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>For this show, I'm on my own -- well, along with two great artists, who, unlike me, actually do perform all the time: my brother Noah Budin, who will be doing songs from his new CD <EM>Metaphor</EM>, and Kathryn Wolfe Sebo, who's the cantor at The Temple - Tifereth Israel, but is equally adept at popular music.  And playing with us are two of the best musicians in the area: Ed Ridley, Jr., on keyboards and Norm Tischler on woodwinds.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I'll be doing
 comedy and singing a few songs.  And the three of us will sing some songs together as well.  The show, which is part of the Maltz Museum's concert series, is called "Lollapa-Jews-a."  It takes place <STRONG>this coming Thursday, March 22</STRONG>, at 7:00, at The Temple - Tifereth Israel (26000 Shaker Blvd., just past Richmond, in Beachwood).  </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>And you don't need to be Jewish to enjoy it.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>You can reserve tickets ($15) by calling <STRONG>216-593-0575</STRONG>, or buy them at the door.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>For more information, you can also contact me at 216-791-5149 or <A href="mailto:popcycles at sbcglobal.net">popcycles at sbcglobal.net</A>.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>And for slightly less information, check out this week's Cool Cleveland on Wednesday, in which I'll interview myself about the show in my "Signs of Life" column.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Thanks for
 reading this and I hope to see you at the show (and, by the way, I can see the audience from the stage, so I'll know if you were there or not).</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>David Budin</DIV>
--0-2107084265-1174224472=:13212--