[NEohioPAL]Seeking Musical Director

Brentw617 at aol.com Brentw617 at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 09:00:08 PDT 2007

--part1_d49.3b35985.33355388_boundary

We are currently seeking a Musical Director for our Fall show "Assassians".=20=
 =20
By Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman

The show will begin rehearsals in September and opens to the public the firs=
t=20
weekend in November.=20

If you are interested please send your resume to Brent Whetstone, Asst.=20
Director at brentw617 at aol.com

I have attached a breif synopsus of the show for those of you who are not=20
familiar with it:
Bold, original, surreal, disturbing, thought-provoking and alarmingly funny,=
 =E2=80=9C
Assassins=E2=80=9D is perhaps the most controversial musical ever written.

This most American of musicals lays bare the lives of nine individuals who=20
assassinated or tried to assassinate the President of the United States, in=20=
a=20
one-act historical =E2=80=9Crevusical=E2=80=9D that explores the dark side o=
f the American=20
experience. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, Stephen Sondheim an=
d John=20
Weidman bend the rules of time and space, taking us on a nightmarish=20
rollercoaster ride in which assassins and would-be assassins from different=20=
historical=20
periods meet, interact and in an intense final scene inspire each other to=20
harrowing acts in the name of the American Dream.

An intimate acting piece for a largely male ensemble cast, =E2=80=9CAssassin=
s=E2=80=9D=20
contains some of the finest scene writing in recent memory as well as a bril=
liant,=20
melodic score which pastiches American music throughout the ages, from folk=20=
to=20
ragtime to 1970s soft rock. Its modest production requirements and=20
educational qualities make it a perfect show for schools and smaller theatre=
 companies.=20
Its daring makes it ideal for any group looking for a unique, challenging=20
theatrical experience.

Opened December 18, 1990 Original off-Broadway production ran for 71=20
performances; 2004 Broadway production ran 101 performances

**************************************
 AOL now offers free email to everyone.=20

--part1_d49.3b35985.33355388_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
We are currently seeking a Musical Director for our Fall show </FONT><FONT C=
OLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><B>"Assassi=
ans"</B></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=20=
SIZE=3D"2">.   By Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman<BR>
<BR>
The show will begin rehearsals in September and opens to the public the firs=
t weekend in November. <BR>
<BR>
If you are interested please send your resume to </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000=
00" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><B>Brent Whetstone, Asst=
. Director at brentw617 at aol.com<BR>
<BR>
</B></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=
=3D"2"><BR>
I have attached a breif synopsus of the show for those of you who are not fa=
miliar with it:<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"><I><B>Bold, original, surreal, disturbing, thought-provoking and alarming=
ly funny, =E2=80=9CAssassins=E2=80=9D is perhaps the most controversial musi=
cal ever written.</I></B></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMI=
LY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
This most American of musicals lays bare the lives of nine individuals who a=
ssassinated or tried to assassinate the President of the United States, in a=
 one-act historical =E2=80=9Crevusical=E2=80=9D that explores the dark side=20=
of the American experience. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, Ste=
phen Sondheim and John Weidman bend the rules of time and space, taking us o=
n a nightmarish rollercoaster ride in which assassins and would-be assassins=
 from different historical periods meet, interact and in an intense final sc=
ene inspire each other to harrowing acts in the name of the American Dream.<=

<BR>
An intimate acting piece for a largely male ensemble cast, =E2=80=9CAssassin=
s=E2=80=9D contains some of the finest scene writing in recent memory as wel=
l as a brilliant, melodic score which pastiches American music throughout th=
e ages, from folk to ragtime to 1970s soft rock. Its modest production requi=
rements and educational qualities make it a perfect show for schools and sma=
ller theatre companies. Its daring makes it ideal for any group looking for=20=
a unique, challenging theatrical experience.<BR>
<BR>
Opened December 18, 1990 Original off-Broadway production ran for 71 perform=
ances; 2004 Broadway production ran 101 performances<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
ers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at htt=
p://www.aol.com.</HTML>

--part1_d49.3b35985.33355388_boundary--