[NEohioPAL]Playwright Michael Sepesy's "The Alice Seed" Receives Reading at the Cleveland Play House

Michael D Sepesy msep at juno.com
Tue Mar 27 04:32:56 PDT 2007

ATTN: Fellow NEOhioPALers:

For anyone who is interested, I learned recently that my play THE ALICE
SEED
will be a part of this year's Next Stage Festival at
the Cleveland Play House.  The show, developed
as part of a class with NorthEastOhioMFA (NEOMFA) instructor Michael
Geither,
will receive a reading on Wednesday, May 9 at 7:30 PM.
I believe admission is $10.  More details to follow when I have them

The play,uses conventions of realism to present a surreal story of mythic
scope In a small rural town, DOLORES and JUDAH have recently lost their
daughter ALICE to cancer.  Plagued by her daughter’s ghost, Dolores will
do anything to
get her child back, even if it means traveling to the underworld and
making a deal with the
spirit who ferries souls to the land of the dead.  Dolores receives a
special seed
that fulfills her wish -- but at what cost?

For more information, you can contact The Cleveland Play House:

The Cleveland Play House
8500 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106

(216) 795-7000

http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/

For anyone interested in the NEOMFA program, here's some information:

The NEOMFA is unlike any other program in the country.
A consortium of four universities:  Cleveland State University,
Kent State University, The University of Akron, and Youngstown State
University, the NEOMFA’s unique collaborative design allows students to
take advantage of an award-winning faculty of 26 members and to
concentrate
in the writing of  poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction.  In
addition, we are
among just a few programs in the country offering a playwriting
concentration,
and one of three programs with an internationally recognized faculty who
offer a concentration in literary translation.

http://www.ysu.edu/neomfa/

Thanks for your attention,

Mike Sepesy