[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Spring Weather: A Public Service Announcement from Something Dada

Something Dada somethingdada at aztemail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:40:33 PDT 2007

The solstice has come and gone, and we are now full-fledged into spring.  As such, the weather will be changing rapidly, and will often be a topic of conversation.  Unfortunately, many people fall into old, annoying, conversational traps when discussing this common subject.  To help you avoid this trap, Something Dada has prepared a list of things NOT to say when conversing about the climate.

 - "Hot/cold/wet/humid/etc. enough for you?"  This old standby was dated when your grandparents were wearing whatever passed for Pampers back then.

 - "Can you believe this weather?"  Yes.  We can.  You know why?  Because it's there.  Totally, completely, undeniably there.

 - "I haven't seen it this bad since the (insert weather condition here) of (insert year here)."  You probably have, and don't remember.  Every spring we get a big cold snap right after the first big warm snap.  And every fall we get a big warm snap after the first big cold snap.  Summer is hot.  Winter is cold and snowy.  It has happened before, and probably more recently than (insert year here).

 - "You know what they say about Cleveland weather...if you don't like it, wait five minutes and it will change."  Yes, we do know they say that.  Why?  Because EVERYBODY says that!  And seemingly, they say it about weather everywhere but southern California.  Actually, San Diegans probably think THEY'RE clever when they say it about the temperature fluctuating between 76 and 78.

So there you go, a little conversational primer for you.  What WILL you say if you can't say those things, though?  Well, when someone brings up the weather, say "Yeah, you're right.  This is perfect weather for going to see the hilarious improvisational comedy of Something Dada!"  You can change the exact wording, but using this general idea will make you infinitely more popular than any of the tired old saws listed above.  Then go to http://www.somethingdada.com, e-mail info at somethingdada.com, or call 216.696.4242 and make reservations, and you'll be enjoying the weather inside our theater, and the adulation of your friends for your conversational skills.

And you know why it's so hot?  Temperature.

SOMETHING DADA IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY
All New... All Different... Like Always.

Next show times (all ages welcome - all tickets just $10):

Friday, April 6th, 2007
8:00 PM

Saturday, April 7th, 2007
8:00 PM and 10:30 PM