[NEohioPAL]CLEVELAND SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL Auditions at the Cleveland Play House

d20submissions d20submissions at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 10:09:32 PDT 2007

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW…
SOMETHING TWISTED, SOMETHING SHREW!

The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival celebrates its
landmark 10th anniversary this year with one brand new
production, the revisiting of a first year favorite,
and a brand new performance venue.

CSF’s summer repertory will consist of “King Richard
III,” directed by Allan Byrne, and “The Taming of the
Shrew,” directed by CSF Artistic Director Larry
Nehring.

“The 10th anniversary of the Cleveland Shakespeare
Festival is a monumental occasion for us,” said
Nehring. “Northeast Ohio has been so supportive of
what we are trying to accomplish.”

In addition to several of the venues that CSF has
enjoyed in the past, the Shakes Fest will make an
additional west side stop at Lorain County Community
College’s Stocker Center for the Arts, in their
outdoor amphitheatre.

“We are very pleased to add this venue to our schedule
of performances,” said Managing Director Matthew
Solarz. “Now we can have performances all over Greater
Cleveland, from the extreme west side, to the east
side and close to downtown. ”

Auditions are scheduled Monday and Tuesday, May 7 –
8th, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Cleveland Play House.
Callbacks are planned for Thursday, May 10th. Please
bring a headshot photo and recent resume. Online
submissions can be sent to Larry at cleveshakes.org

Final casting decisions will be posted to our new
website (coming soon!) at www.CleveShakes.org once
casting is complete.

Additional information regarding auditions will be
posted on the website and on our information line at
1-877-280-1646.

2007 CLEVELAND SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE
SCHEDULE:

July 7th & 8th – SEASON OPENS – at Lincoln Park in
Tremont

July 14th & 15th at Willoughby Fine Arts Association

July 21st & 22nd at Lorain County Community College
Stocker Center

July 28th & 29th at the Shaker Heights Colonnade

Aug. 4th & 5th at Cuyahoga Community College – Western
Campus

Our newly-renovated website COMING SOON at
WWW.CLEVESHAKES.ORG!