[NEohioPAL]Re: Smoking ban in public

chuck fink thinkfinkent at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 21:14:33 PDT 2007

--0-485076590-1176696873=:57313

OK—you know what? (No, what, Chuck!?) This whole stink about smoking is getting quite stale, and there’s really no constructive purpose arguing semantics, at this point. Is the bottom line weren’t the disservice smoking, onstage or off, causes the majority of people who obviously care about their health, if not the stench that residual smoke causes, then there might be something to discuss here! I wonder what Joe Eszterhaus would have to say about this stupid moot debate, as he is one now suffering the ravages, slow as they are, of lung cancer—and one who has fought vigorously to ban smoking onscreen—when viewers only get the sense of smoke. So, there must be more to it, dont’cha think!? C’mon, folks… isn’t this just the stupidest waste of space, debating this issue, when the proof has been well established? I’m tired of this already! Hold an f’in unlit cigarette onstage, if you must, for effect—or else puff on a gum cigarette with the funky powder blowing, where the only
 contact buzz one stands to get, is a sugar buzz! Enough, already—ya hear me!? Ridiculous already, isn’t it!? (Yes, Chuck—it is!) The glam days of Hollywood are gone! Sammy Davis, Jr. (succumbed to throat cancer), John Wayne (lung cancer), Dana Reeve (victim by chance), Robert Preston, Forrest Tucker, Warren Zevon, Peter Jennings, Yul Brenner, Andy Kaufman, Nat King Cole—that merry old soul, etc., etc. If you could go back and ask them if they’d change anything, subsequent to their diagnoses, I’m sure they’d have a few select words for our friend, Mr. Brown! Yeah, there’s a reason why this issue gets, and has gotten the attention it has… that’s because the sensibilities of the majority, out weigh the grasping at straws mentality of the shallow minority! Get with the times, folks—or else, just retreat to your own f’in island, and smoke to your lungs content!! Read up, Tony boy—there’s a lot of food for thought out there—the proof of which is in the pudding—or smoke, if you
 will. Passionate about this, am I? Uh, just a little bit. Can we move now... please!?!?!

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.
--0-485076590-1176696873=:57313

<DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>OK—you know what? (No, what, Chuck!?) This whole stink about smoking is getting quite stale, and there’s really no constructive purpose arguing semantics, at this point. Is the bottom line weren’t the disservice smoking, onstage or off, causes the majority of people who obviously care about their health, if not the stench that residual smoke causes, then there might be something to discuss here! I wonder what Joe Eszterhaus would have to say about this stupid moot debate, as he is one now suffering the ravages, slow as they are, of lung cancer—and one who has fought vigorously to ban smoking onscreen—when viewers only get the sense of smoke. So, there must be more to it, dont’cha think!? C’mon, folks… isn’t this just the stupidest waste of space, debating this issue, when the proof has been well established? I’m tired of this already! Hold an f’in unlit cigarette onstage, if you must, for
 effect—or else puff on a gum cigarette with the funky powder blowing, where the only contact buzz one stands to get, is a sugar buzz! Enough, already—ya hear me!? Ridiculous already, isn’t it!? (Yes, Chuck—it is!) The glam days of Hollywood are gone! <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_0 style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Sammy Davis, Jr</SPAN>. (succumbed to throat cancer), <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_1 style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">John Wayne</SPAN> (lung cancer), <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_2 style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Dana Reeve</SPAN> (victim by chance), <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_3 style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Robert Preston</SPAN>, Forrest Tucker, <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_4 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Warren Zevon</SPAN>, <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_5 style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">Peter Jennings</SPAN>, Yul Brenner, Andy Kaufman, <SPAN id=lw_1176696585_6 style="BORDER-BOTTOM:
 #0066cc 1px dashed">Nat King Cole</SPAN>—that merry old soul, etc., etc. If you could go back and ask them if they’d change anything, subsequent to their diagnoses, I’m sure they’d have a few select words for our friend, Mr. Brown! Yeah, there’s a reason why this issue gets, and has gotten the attention it has… that’s because the sensibilities of the majority, out weigh the grasping at straws mentality of the shallow minority! Get with the times, folks—or else, just retreat to your own f’in island, and smoke to your lungs content!! Read up, Tony boy—there’s a lot of food for thought out there—the proof of which is in the pudding—or smoke, if you will. Passionate about this, am I? Uh, just a little bit. Can we move now... please!?!?! </FONT></DIV><p>

      <hr size=1>Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?<br> Check out

--0-485076590-1176696873=:57313--