[NEohioPAL]re: words on Our Town at Cleveland Public Theatre from a delighted audience member....

Denise Astorino denise.astorino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:31:15 PDT 2007

------=_Part_35315_20084203.1177075875461

Last night, I saw Our Town at Cleveland Public Theatre.  As a theatre major
in college for longer than I care to admit...and a working actor for many
years now in Cleveland, I was embarrassed to say that I knew little about
this play...nor had I ever seen it performed.  After seeing the production
last night, I'm very glad that THIS was my first experience with it! I  was
able to enjoy this production purely and without comparison to anything else
that I might have seen in the past.

Raymond Bobgan, cast, crew and designers have made this INCREDIBLE piece of
theatre that I am not just recommending people see...but that I am 100%
adamant that you MUST see this production.

The simplistic beauty with which they draw you into the world of the play is
amazing and breathtaking.  Everything about this piece had me captured from
the moment I entered the theatre.

The costumes, lighting, sound and set design are all equally stunning and
vital to this production. The designers have worked hand and hand as part of
this wonderful ensemble and have created an amazing environment. The actors
use all of these elements along with the amazing movements as simple
expressions of their characters.

Please know that I am not a critic or reviewer...we have very skilled people
that have that job already...I am merely someone who is saying thank you to
everyone involved in this production and that it has greatly moved me.  If I
ever doubt why I chose this profession, it's a work such as this one that
reminds me that when you love something as much as these people obviously
love theatre, then it is something that chooses you.  They have worked hard
and given themselves to this production and I want them all to know it
shows.

Thank you again to everyone for a truly wonderful evening.

Regards,

Denise Astorino
Audience Member