[NEohioPAL]BNC Pounding Nails Press Release

alanna at bnctheatre.com alanna at bnctheatre.com
Sun May 13 15:27:53 PDT 2007

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: 5-12-07

Contact: Alanna Romansky/ Sean Derry
From: 	The Bang and the Clatter Theatre Company
	140 E. Market St.
	Akron, OH 44308
Phone:	330.606.5317
E-mail: alanna at bnctheatre.com
Website: www.bnctheatre.com

Akron, OH – The Bang and The Clatter Theatre Company presents the Ohio Premier of Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead, by Eric Bogosian. Performances run from May25th to June17th, Thursday – Saturday at 8pm, every Sunday at 3pm, and Sunday, June 3rd at 8pm at 140 E. Market Street.

All Tickets are $15. All students and seniors “Pay as You Can” for each show. Two “Blackout Monday” performances will be held on June 4th and June 11th at 8pm. Tickets for those performances are $7.50 for those currently working in the theatre industry. For ticket reservations call the box office at 330.606.5317. “Dinner and a Show” packages are also available through Crave Restaurant. For more information call the box office or visit www.bnctheatre.com.

With direction from Sean McConaha, this one-man show, featuring Sean Derry, delivers searing commentary on contemporary life, from panhandlers to barbeque-crazed millionaires, revealing the disturbing connections between us, and the people we try not to see (or be).

“Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead is a torrent of bile bubbling with edgy wit and shot through with moral outrage…It is the sound of America commenting on itself…A damning play and brutally effective…”
~BBC

“If Mr. Bogosian hasn’t found any explanations for the inequities he sees everywhere, he has lost none of the indignant verve with which he illustrates them. He is, quite possibly, our most vibrant bringer of bad tidings…He has always had perfect pitch when it comes to street talk, but he is also equally attuned to the unctuousness of our do-good intentions.  There’s nothing like speaking the unspeakable to charge the air…And to clear it.”
~New York Times

###