[NEohioPAL]The CLEVELAND PREMIERE of 'broken'

david deleon scriptwriter731 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:30:29 PDT 2007

	After a huge premiere in Detroit, 'broken', a feature film directed
by David DeLeon of Sandusky and Derek Justice, a native of Norwalk
(now living in metro Detroit), for Top 250 Productions, premieres on
June 23 at the Lorain Palace Theater in Lorain.

	The team made the film for less than $1,000 and the screenplay was
among the top 250 finalists in the first season of Project Greenlight,
the Bravo TV series sponsored by Miramax, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

	Spending less than $300 on production materials as well as an
additional $700 on catering, the team bring to the screen a feature
length drama with a unique look and feel that belies the extremely low
budgetary constraints placed upon them.

	"We always knew we could make this film look like a Hollywood
production," DeLeon said.  "With the fantastic cast that we've
assembled and the talented people that we've surrounded ourselves
with, you see the results of everyones hard work on the big screen."

	"The audience reaction at the Detroit premiere was fantastic,"
Justice added.  "It's hard to put into words how it felt to have the
audience 'get it.'  To hear the gasps run through the crowd at key
moments, to see the way that they handled this journey that we've
taken them on, and to have the place go crazy (in a good way) at the
end when everything comes to a conclusion ...  It was an amazing
experience."

	Playing to a crowd of about 300 people in Detroit, 'broken' received
a standing ovation as the final credits rolled.

	Now the team brings 'broken' to the Cleveland area.  Showing at the
historic and beautiful Lorain Palace Theater and Civic Center in
Lorain on June 23 the directors look forward to this "homecoming."

	"Cleveland is a great city with a rich history of cinema as well as
having an extremely large and supportive artistic community," DeLeon
said.  "I grew up in the area and am currently in the process of
finishing my degree from a Cleveland university, so to actually have
the opportunity to show our work to the people of this city and the
surrounding communities is a dream come true."

	To buy tickets, find out more information, and to read the most
recent articles written about the film, check out the official site
at:  www.broken-movie.com