[NEohioPAL]TrueNorth Patriotic Concert

Carol Cordova TrueNorth at TNCArts.org
Fri Jun 15 07:33:35 PDT 2007

TrueNorth Cultural Arts will present a Patriotic Concert on Sunday, July
1st, 7:30 p.m. at the Avon Lake United Church of Christ, 32801 Electric
Blvd. (1/10 mile west of Rt. 83) in Avon Lake, doors open at 6:45 p.m. The
concert celebrates our nation’s independence coupled with creative freedom.

The TrueNorth Patriotic Concert features over 75 TrueNorth musicians and
artists … dancers, actors, and visual artists, instrumental and vocal
soloists, The TrueNorth Chorale, Community Chorus and Symphony, under the
direction of Richard A. Fortney and Symphony Director, James E. Traxler.

“This annual Patriotic Concert brings together favorite American songs and
hymns that reach into the soul, stirring the hearts of its listeners. The
lyrics are the words that stay with us, the music that leaves us humming,
the thoughts that lift us, and the inspiration that we seek … truly
celebrating the spirit of America in a truly remarkable way, especially on
Independence weekend!” writes Executive Director, Rick Fortney.   The
concert will include the Presentation of Colors, Folding the Flag and the
retiring of Colors.  There will be a time of recognizing our veterans,
active Military and their families; there will be a time of remembrance.
Songs such as America the Beautiful, When the Saints Go Marching In, Battle
Hymn of the Republic, and God Bless America will be featured, as well as the
Stars and Stripes Forever.

TrueNorth has performed its Patriotic Concert for 7 seasons.  In 2001 they
raised over $3,000.00 for the New York Police Officers and Fire Fighters; In
2002 TrueNorth led the city of Cleveland in a Concert of Prayer, on the
1-year remembrance of 9-11, sponsored by the Cleveland Federal Executive
Board.

Tickets are $8 in advance and $5 for students/seniors and can be purchased
through any TrueNorth Musician or through the TrueNorth Gallery located at
33491 Lake Road, Avon Lake; just west of Moore Road located in the Old
Saddle Inn. Gallery hours are 12noon-7pm, Monday-Friday and 9am-4pm on
Saturday. Tickets will also be available at the door for $10 or $8 for
students/seniors. Further information can be found at TrueNorth’s web-site,
www.TNCArts.org, or by calling TrueNorth Cultural Arts at (440) 933-7771.

TrueNorth is a multidisciplinary arts organization committed to building and
strengthening individuals and communities through the performing, visual and
the literary arts. Our vision is two-fold: To educate, equip, and empower
individuals so they can embrace and succeed in the creative arts; and to
envision and encourage communities where creative arts and art appreciation
flourish.