[NEohioPAL]Re/Last Call Video of Mild Cat Abuse

Mike Baker Mike_Baker at clevelandyucks.com
Thu Jun 28 04:17:03 PDT 2007

Boycot Last Call Cleveland because they made a joke? They made a funny vide=
o about putting hats on kittens.

Here it is for those who missed it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3DyyO0XA_p5w=
8

Now Michael Rubin wants you to boycott the group because they made a comic =
reference to "fans of mild animal abuse" in their post. See Michael, the hu=
mor comes from the juxtaposition of something as innocuous as putting a hat=
 on a kitten with the term "abuse". It's a device called irony and it's act=
ually quite popular in more sophisticated humor.

But of course we should ban and outlaw anything that doesn't completely con=
form to our personal sensibilities. That's what the arts are all about, isn=
't it? Besides, how are we supposed to keep up our own delusion that we are=
 so much better than everyone else because we can't even be exposed to the =
words, "animal abuse", even if they are used to allude to the exact opposit=
e, without huffing and puffing and drawing attention to ourself. See how go=
od we are? We love animals so much that we'll even advocate censorship to p=
rotect them from imaginary harm. Maybe some day there=92ll be a way to make=
 those sorts of thoughts a crime!

Bad judgment  advocating boycotts on lists devoted to the arts and free exp=
ression should have consequences. It does. The consequence is that you have=
 revealed yourself as a humorless, pathetic nut job. Way to go!

Now excuse me while I go spank my monkey. (He=92s very disobedient!)

Mike Baker
mike_baker at clevelandyucks.com

From: "Michael  Rubin " <mjr64 at adelphia.net>
Date:  Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:14:12 -0400

>This listing and it's alluding to even mild pet abuse as being humorous is=
 not even close to being funny.
>Last Call should be Shot First.(just alluding of course)
>Boycott Last Call.
>Do NOT support them in any way.
>Bad judgment(especially regarding pet abuse) should have ramifications.
>I'm going to guess that one idiot in Last Call is responsible for the post=
ing and that the other members of the group were just too stupid,or unaware=
 of the posting to stop it.

Sent via the WebMail system at clevelandyucks.com