[NEohioPAL]Call for Guests and Topics for Amherst TV Shows

mike leuszler leuszlermike at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 10:27:52 PDT 2007

--0-239221162-1187112472=:52636

This is Mike Leuszler. Most of you know me through one of my many=0Aactivit=
ies in the community, including Workshop Players, Brownhelm=0AHistorical, m=
y website work, my caricature and art class work, etc. Or=0Ain this case, m=
y MySpace Portal. =0A=0AWhat you may NOT know is that I host a pair of show=
s at Amherst City Cable.=0A=0AOpen=0AMike Night is a panel discussion show,=
 where I (usually) get three or=0Afour different people together to discuss=
 diverse topics ranging from=0Acurrent events to entertainment to whatever =
tickles my fancy.=0ADiscussions often lead to interesting digressions and o=
ther diversions.=0AIt's a light hearted, but stimulating, look at the world=
. Kind of like=0AReal Time with Bill Maher, but without most of the swearin=
g.=0A=0AWe=0Ausually tape every Tuesday Night at the Amherst City Cable stu=
dio at=0AMarion L. Steele High School at 7 pm. The show usually airs the=0A=
following week, and goes out to Amherst, South Amherst, and Amherst=0ATowns=
hip. If you purchase a VHS copy, you can take it to other cable=0Astations =
and air it, if you'd like. Get the word out in your=0Aneighborhood about wh=
at you're doing.=0A=0ADrawn Out is a one on one=0Ainterview show with a twi=
st. As I interview the guest, I draw their=0Acaricature, which the audience=
 sees as it develops, through a hidden=0Afourth camera. Each guest gets 28 =
minutes to discuss, promote, or chat=0Aabout whatever they want. At the end=
 of the show, the guest gets to see=0Athe caricature, and sometimes the rea=
ctions are quite unexpected.=0A=0ADrawn=0AOut is taped whenever a guest is =
available, but we usually tape this=0Ashow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thurs=
day evenings. If you're interested=0Ain being on the show, give me a holler=
. I'm always looking for new=0Avictims, er, subjects.=0A=0AThis mailing lis=
t will concern itself=0Awith OPEN MIKE NIGHT mostly. I will be asking for g=
uests and topics,=0Aand sending out updates about the shows. If you would l=
ike to be on a=0Ashow, just let me know when. If you have a topic idea, als=
o let me=0Aknow, and I'll see if I can fit it in.=0A=0AThis week, Tuesday A=
ugust=0A14, I will have Tom Hutchison, Dr. Jeremy Watson, Greg Haney, and a=
=0Apossible mystery guest on the panel, and we'll be discussing Elvis: 30=
=0AYears after his passing, The New/Old Van Halen Tour, Star Trek XI, Karl=
=0ARove's Resignation, and Merv Griffin's passing.=0A=0AAugust 21st, I=0Aha=
ve Nick Brusky (councilman at large in Amherst) and Sarah Boesger=0A(former=
 theater associate and all-around sparkling personality)=0Ascheduled. No to=
pics, yet, but your suggestions are welcome.=0A=0AAugst=0A28th, I have Nick=
 Brusky, and possibly Mark Kosak (former Amherst=0Apolitico and moderator o=
f the GoAmherst.com message board). I would=0Alike to devote this episode t=
o all-Amherst topics.=0A=0ASeptember 4=0Awill be the taping of the 9-11 sho=
w. If you have a good 9-11 story, or=0Awould like to discuss related subjec=
ts, let me know.=0A=0ASeptember 11, 18, and 25 are a blank slate for now, b=
ut it's never too early for suggestions.=0A=0AThank you for time. I hope to=
 hear from all of you, in way or another, soon.=0A=0AMike Leuszler=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A       =0A___________________________________________________________=
_________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? =0ACheck out toni=
ght's top picks on Yahoo! TV. =0Ahttp://tv.yahoo.com/
--0-239221162-1187112472=:52636

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><div>This is Mike Leuszler. Most of you know me through one=
 of my many=0Aactivities in the community, including Workshop Players, Brow=
nhelm=0AHistorical, my website work, my caricature and art class work, etc.=
 Or=0Ain this case, my MySpace Portal. <br><br>What you may NOT know is tha=
t I host a pair of shows at Amherst City Cable.<br><br>Open=0AMike Night is=
 a panel discussion show, where I (usually) get three or=0Afour different p=
eople together to discuss diverse topics ranging from=0Acurrent events to e=
ntertainment to whatever tickles my fancy.=0ADiscussions often lead to inte=
resting digressions and other diversions.=0AIt's a light hearted, but stimu=
lating, look at the world. Kind of like=0AReal Time with Bill Maher, but wi=
thout most of the swearing.<br><br>We=0Ausually tape every Tuesday Night at=
 the Amherst City Cable studio at=0AMarion L. Steele High School at 7 pm. T=
he show usually airs the=0Afollowing week, and goes out to Amherst, South A=
mherst, and Amherst=0ATownship. If you purchase a VHS copy, you can take it=
 to other cable=0Astations and air it, if you'd like. Get the word out in y=
our=0Aneighborhood about what you're doing.<br><br>Drawn Out is a one on on=
e=0Ainterview show with a twist. As I interview the guest, I draw their=0Ac=
aricature, which the audience sees as it develops, through a hidden=0Afourt=
h camera. Each guest gets 28 minutes to discuss, promote, or chat=0Aabout w=
hatever they want. At the end of the show, the guest gets to see=0Athe cari=
cature, and sometimes the reactions are quite unexpected.<br><br>Drawn=0AOu=
t is taped whenever a guest is available, but we usually tape this=0Ashow o=
n Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. If you're interested=0Ain bein=
g on the show, give me a holler. I'm always looking for new=0Avictims, er, =
subjects.<br><br>This mailing list will concern itself=0Awith OPEN MIKE NIG=
HT mostly. I will be asking for guests and topics,=0Aand sending out update=
s about the shows. If you would like to be on a=0Ashow, just let me know wh=
en. If you have a topic idea, also let me=0Aknow, and I'll see if I can fit=
 it in.<br><br>This week, Tuesday August=0A14, I will have Tom Hutchison, D=
r. Jeremy Watson, Greg Haney, and a=0Apossible mystery guest on the panel, =
and we'll be discussing Elvis: 30=0AYears after his passing, The New/Old Va=
n Halen Tour, Star Trek XI, Karl=0ARove's Resignation, and Merv Griffin's p=
assing.<br><br>August 21st, I=0Ahave Nick Brusky (councilman at large in Am=
herst) and Sarah Boesger=0A(former theater associate and all-around sparkli=
ng personality)=0Ascheduled. No topics, yet, but your suggestions are welco=
me.<br><br>Augst=0A28th, I have Nick Brusky, and possibly Mark Kosak (forme=
r Amherst=0Apolitico and moderator of the GoAmherst.com message board). I w=
ould=0Alike to devote this episode to all-Amherst topics.<br><br>September =
4=0Awill be the taping of the 9-11 show. If you have a good 9-11 story, or=
=0Awould like to discuss related subjects, let me know.<br><br>September 11=
, 18, and 25 are a blank slate for now, but it's never too early for sugges=
tions.<br><br>Thank you for time. I hope to hear from all of you, in way or=
=3D1>Got a little couch potato? <br>=0ACheck out fun <a href=3D"http://us.r=
d.yahoo.com/evt=3D48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=3Doni_on_mail&p=
=3Dsummer+activities+for+kids&cs=3Dbz">summer activities for kids.</a></bod=
y></html>
--0-239221162-1187112472=:52636--