[NEohioPAL]The Merry Wives of Windsor- Canton Shakespeare

DVangaasbe at aol.com DVangaasbe at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 10:05:44 PDT 2007

-------------------------------1187802344

It is my extreme pleasure to invite you all to the  first annual Canton
Shakespeare Festival.  Envisioned by Frank Motz and  supported by the Second April
Art Gallery and the Downtown Canton Association,  The Merry Wives of Windsor
by William Shakespeare will be presented on  August 24 and 25 on Court Street
NW between Fifth and Sixth Street NW in  downtown Canton.  The nearby landmarks
are the Palace Theatre and Little  Chicago Bistro.  The play starts at 8:00
pm.  In the event of rain,  the play will be moved into a garage which adjoins
court street near the site of  the outdoor play.
    This play was ordered by Queen Elizabeth I after  she watched the Bard's
Henry IV Parts 1 and 2.  She loved the part  of John Falstaff so much that she
ordered Shakespeare to write a comedy  involving the nefarious night.
Shakespeare did this by writing the only  play he ever did in prose.
    Starring as Sir John Falstaff is stage veteran  Robert Parenti.  Bob has
been seen at the Actor's Summit and the Canton  Player's Guild for the past
twenty five years.  Playing the two Merry wives  are Mary Lou Ianni and Janet
McGregor Jones.  Both are well known stage  veterans and teachers of the arts.
Appearing as the easy going Master Page  who always trusts his wife is Joe
Martuccio, former president of the Canton  Player's Guild.  Lisa Van Gaasbeek, a
theatre arts major from Kent State  University, plays the slightly klutsy and
mischievous Mistress Quickly, who at  the end disguises herself as the Fairie
Queen.  Falstaff's three henchmen,  Pistol, Nym and Bandorph, are played by
Matt King, Doug Jones, and Barry  Wachser.  Matt has been seen in A Midsummer's
Night Dream and  The Odd Couple recently while Doug and Barry have been
involved in  numerous stage productions in the are for the past three years.
    There are other great characters involved in this  play which will tickle
your delight.  I play one myself.  I play  Master Ford, the highly jealous
and hysterical husband of Mistress Ford.   Little does my character know that he
is a major part of the Merry Wives of  Windsor's plot to get even with Sir
John Falstaff, who thinks himself to be a  great lover.  If you love
Shakespeare, you'll love Frank Motz's production  of The Merry Wives of Windsor.  Come
see us.  Its free and  parking is very close by.

Dave Van Gaasbeek

-------------------------------1187802344

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16527" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>    It is my extreme pleasure to invite you all to=20=
the=20
first annual Canton Shakespeare Festival.  Envisioned by Frank Motz and=
=20
supported by the Second April Art Gallery and the Downtown Canton Associatio=
n,=20
<EM>The Merry Wives of Windsor</EM> by William Shakespeare will be presented=
 on=20
August 24 and 25 on Court Street NW between Fifth and Sixth Street NW in=20
downtown Canton.  The nearby landmarks are the Palace Theatre and Littl=
e=20
Chicago Bistro.  The play starts at 8:00 pm.  In the event of rain=
,=20
the play will be moved into a garage which adjoins court street near the sit=
e of=20
the outdoor play.</DIV>
<DIV>    This play was ordered by Queen Elizabeth I afte=
r=20
she watched the Bard's <EM>Henry IV Parts 1 and 2.</EM>  She loved the=20=
part=20
of John Falstaff so much that she ordered Shakespeare to write a comedy=20
involving the nefarious night.  Shakespeare did this by writing the onl=
y=20
play he ever did in prose.  </DIV>
<DIV>    Starring as Sir John Falstaff is stage veteran=20
Robert Parenti.  Bob has been seen at the Actor's Summit and the Canton=
=20
Player's Guild for the past twenty five years.  Playing the two Merry w=
ives=20
are Mary Lou Ianni and Janet McGregor Jones.  Both are well known stage=
=20
veterans and teachers of the arts.  Appearing as the easy going Master=20=
Page=20
who always trusts his wife is Joe Martuccio, former president of the Canton=20
Player's Guild.  Lisa Van Gaasbeek, a theatre arts major from Kent Stat=
e=20
University, plays the slightly klutsy and mischievous Mistress Quickly, who=20=
at=20
the end disguises herself as the Fairie Queen.  Falstaff's three henchm=
en,=20
Pistol, Nym and Bandorph, are played by Matt King, Doug Jones, and Barry=20
Wachser.  Matt has been seen in <EM>A Midsummer's Night Dream </EM>and=20
<EM>The Odd Couple </EM>recently while Doug and Barry have been involved in=20
numerous stage productions in the are for the past three years.</DIV>
<DIV>    There are other great characters involved in th=
is=20
play which will tickle your delight.  I play one myself.  I play=20
Master Ford, the highly jealous and hysterical husband of Mistress Ford.&nbs=
p;=20
Little does my character know that he is a major part of the Merry Wives of=20
Windsor's plot to get even with Sir John Falstaff, who thinks himself to be=20=
a=20
great lover.  If you love Shakespeare, you'll love Frank Motz's product=
ion=20
of <EM>The Merry Wives of Windsor.</EM>  Come see us.  Its free an=
d=20
parking is very close by.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Dave Van Gaasbeek</DIV></FONT><BR><BR><BR><DIV><FONT style=3D"color: bl=
ack; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 10px">Get=
 a sneak peek of the all-new <A title=3D"http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolco=
m30tour/?ncid=3DAOLAOF00020000000982" href=3D"http://discover.aol.com/memed/=
aolcom30tour/?ncid=3DAOLAOF00020000000982" target=3D"_blank">AOL.com</A>.</F=