[NEohioPAL]rant on working for free.

Jenna Fournier j_lorine at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 20:13:55 PDT 2007

--0-1058601959-1188357235=:99871

Talent should be paid for work.
   NOT HERE. Our music venues are turning to crap because venues don't pay bands (why would they when some bands work for free....) and are now swapping out well-paid sound engineers for under paid amateur 'sound guys' that can't do their job. So we have no scene..which means LESS people in the venues to buy drinks and LESS money being circulated and LESS of a cool place to live.

  ARTISTS: why do you work for free? For "exposure" ? For "experience" ?
  Please, respect yourself and insist on payment for your work or you sacrifice the respect for and value of art as a whole.

Got a little couch potato?
--0-1058601959-1188357235=:99871

<DIV>Talent should be paid for <STRONG><EM><U>work.</U></EM></STRONG></DIV>  <DIV> NOT HERE. Our music venues are turning to crap because venues don't pay bands (why would they when some bands work for free....) and are now swapping out well-paid sound engineers for under paid amateur 'sound guys' that can't do their job. So we have no scene..which means LESS people in the venues to buy drinks and LESS money being circulated and LESS of a cool place to live.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>ARTISTS: why do you work for free? For "exposure" ? For "experience" ?</DIV>  <DIV>Please, respect yourself and insist on payment for your work or you sacrifice the respect for and value of art as a whole.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV><p>
      <hr size=1>Got a little couch potato? <br>
Check out fun <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz">summer activities for kids.</a>
--0-1058601959-1188357235=:99871--