[NEohioPAL]Something Dada Asks, How 'Bout Them Apples?

Something Dada somethingdada at cd.aztemail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:55:54 PDT 2007

September is here, and that means one thing: APPLES!  (Well, it means lots of things, but we're focusing on apples, OK?)  Apples are everywhere this time of year, from apple picking trips, to apple pies, to putting fresh-picked apples on the road to see 'em get run over (man we miss 3rd grade).  In order to help you converse over a glass of fresh apple cider, we thought we'd provide you with a little trivia about the noble apple:

 - 7500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world

 - In colonial time apples were called winter banana or melt-in-the-mouth.

 - Like bifocals and turkeys, apples were invented by Benjamin Franklin

 - If you took all the apples consumed every year and stacked them on top of each other, the price of apples would skyrocket because you would cause a major shortage.

 - "Hard" apple cider is so named because that's how it makes you fall down if you drink too much.

 - The "Delicious" variety of apples is the most commonly grown in the U.S.  The "Disgusting" variety is seldom grown outside of Wyoming.

 - The average apple weighs 17% less than a large apple

 - "Granny Smith" apples were named after Jim Smith's grandmother, "Granny," so named because of her mispronunciation of the word "cranny" when eating English muffins.

 - If you were to make an entire house out of apples, you'd have to make a new house pretty soon, because the apples would rot.  You could varnish them, but we don't know how well that would work.  As the little pigs taught us, bricks are probably a better choice.

Just a few things to gnaw on as you chomp into that Gala or peel that Braeburn, brought to you by the folks at Something Dada where our shows, like most of these "facts," are completely made up on the spot.  Bring your favorite apple down and check out our shows this weekend, Friday at 8:00 PM and Saturday at 8 and 10:30 PM.  Make your reservations now at http://www.somethingdada.com/reservations.aspx or call 216.696.4242.

While your there, reserve your tickets now for the October 13th Something Dada Lucky 13th Birthday Party.  Tickets are only $20, and include food, drink, raffles, auctions, door prizes, and of course, a hilarious Something Dada show.

SOMETHING DADA IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY
All New... All Different... Like Always.

Next show times (all tickets just $10):

Friday, September 14th, 2007
8:00 PM

Saturday, September 15th, 2007
8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

The Wooltex Gallery
Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH
Free Parking In Rear
Cash and Checks only, ATM on site

Something Dada's Lucky 13 Birthday Bash
Saturday, October 13th, 2007
Doors open at 8:00 PM
Show starts at 9:00 PM

All ages are welcome.  However, our show is not necessarily child-friendly. we generally operate at a PG-13 level, in terms of language and content, but we can not guarantee what suggestions will be given, or what direction the show will take (it is improv, after all).  If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at info at somethingdada.com or call us at 216.696.4242.

Something Dada
The Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Ave., Suite 120
Cleveland, OH 44114