[NEohioPAL] Audition TONIGHT (Thursday) @ 7pm for MALE actors of all ages- Hudson Players "Bus Stop"

Adrienne Conte Dickson conteam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 11:47:32 PDT 2007

Hudson Players auditioning tonight (Thursday at 7pm) for male roles in William Inge's classic play

  Bus Stop directed by Brian Zoldessy

  Roles:
  Will Masters- Sheriff- mid 30s/early 40s
  Dr. Lyman- former professor- late 30s to early 50s
  Carl- bus driver- mid 30s to 40s
  Virgil- ranch hand (ability to play guitar a major plus)- 40s
  Bo- young rancher /cowboy- early 20s

  Performance Dates:
  November 1- 3, 9, 10, 16, & 17

  Audition Requirements:
  You will be asked to read from the script

  About the Show:
  In the middle of a howling snowstorm, a bus out of Kansas City pulls up at a cheerful roadside diner.  All roads are blocked, and four or five weary travelers are going to have to hole up until morning.  Cherie, a nightclub chanteuse in a sparkling gown and a seedy fur-trimmed jacket, is the passenger with the most to worry about.  She’s been pursued, made love to and finally kidnapped by a twenty-on year old cowboy with a ranch of his own and the romantic methods of an unusually headstrong bull.  The belligerent cowhand is tight behind her, ready to sling her over his shoulder and carry her, alive and kicking, all the way to Montana .  Even as she’s ducking out from under his clumsy but confident embraces, and screeching at him fiercely to shut him up, she pauses to furrow her forehead and muse, “Somehow deep inside of me I got a funny feeling I’m gonna end up in Montana
”  As a counterpoint to the main romance, the proprietor of the café and the bus driver at last find
 time to develop a friendship of their own; a middle-aged scholar comes to terms with himself; and a young girl who works in the café also gets her first taste of romance.

  Further Information:
  Please visit our website for further information at www.hudsonplayers.com or contact Adrienne Dickson at conteam at yahoo.com

  Directions:
  The Hudson Players are located right in the heart of Hudson , OH .  Auditions will take place at the Barlow Community Center , 39 Oviatt Street .

  The Hudson Players are one of the area’s longest running community theaters.  With a rich history of great shows, community involvement and an ultra-friendly performing environment, the group embodies its unofficial slogan of “good shows, good friends, good times.”