[NEohioPAL] Hero Tomorrow European Debut in the Netherlands

Hero Tomorrow ted at swingingcane.com
Mon Sep 24 07:11:44 PDT 2007

The Netherlands' annual B-Movie, Underground <http://www.butff.nl/>  & Trash
Film Festival has invited Hero Tomorrow to screen as part of their seventh
edition.   HT is one of about twenty features to be in this year's showcase
of some of the most utterly insane, sick, & sleazy films from around the
globe.  If you don't believe me just click on some of the trailer
<http://www.butff.nl/blz/programma.php?taal=1&pAl=filmsaz>  pages - IF YOU
DARE..!

Hero Tomorrow is playing on Saturday the 29th of September, 10PM, in the
large auditorium followed immediately by performances from Diktat - Doctor
Bibber - Doodle in a Cocoon. The complete
<http://www.butff.nl/blz/programma.php?taal=1&pAl=programma>  schedule is
also downloaded on the film's website.

Even though we won't be able to attend the festivities it is a great feeling
to be extending the Apama Nation beyond North America for the first time. We
took great care to create HT with what we consider to be a sort of foreign
film sensibility.

>From the BUTFF website:

"Again Breda will be infested with bizarre, strange, experimental or other
kinds of remarkable cinema thanks to the B-Movie Underground & Trash Film
Festival. The festival will take place in Electron, a former industrial
building. This year the program will be enhanced by performances, music and
art in appropriate BUTFF style. An exhibition on Outsiders art can be
visited, with work from the French collective 'Le Dernier Cri' and several
Dutch artists, including Jeroen de Leijer, Jan van Nuenen and Barend van
Hoek."

As always please check out the Hero <http://www.herotomorrow.blogspot.com/>
Tomorrow Blog for all the latest. We have a new review online, and we'll be
putting up the IFC channel HT clip very shortly.

Peace, love and nasty films for all.

Ted Sikora

(This festival. are we in the 'underground' category?  hmmm.)

 <http://www.herotomorrow.com/> www.herotomorrow.com

 <http://www.herotomorrow.blogspot.com/> www.herotomorrow.blogspot.com

 <http://www.myspace.com/herotomorrowmovie>
www.myspace.com/herotomorrowmovie

 <http://www.youtube.com/herotomorrow> www.youtube.com/herotomorrow

: : HERO TOMORROW SYNOPSIS : :

David, a struggling comic book creator from Cleveland, spends his days
cutting grass and his nights smoking it while desperately trying to keep his
superhero fantasies alive. When Robyn, his aspiring fashion-designer
girlfriend, makes him a Halloween costume of his original character Apama,
it doesn't take David long to hit the streets and begin blundering towards
disaster. This comic book Don Quixote is characterized by surreal
flourishes, mixing dream, fantasy, and flashbacks that borrow as much from
the art house as the comic shop. A midnight movie for superhero fans.

: : REVIEWS : :

"Twisted, unconventional. diverting, inventive and creative."

Isabelle Ouimet

BangBang Montreal

"Whether or not you're in the mood for a good indie, comic book, romance, or
comedy film, Hero Tomorrow has got you covered.  One of the best original
(superhero) films I've had the pleasure to review in quite some time, and a
definite must see."

Fanboy Will

FANBOY THEATRE

"Ted Sikora constructs a genuine super-hero film ignoring Hollywood rules.
Hero Tomorrow is a super-hero to indie films."

Clay Dempsey

CINEPHELIA

"The film is excellent.  The writing is skilled, the direction is strong,
and the acting is first rate. A solid story that will appeal to everyone,
comic fan or not."

Michael San Giacomo

NEWSARAMA

"A comical pseudo-superhero flick that ends up being more gratifying and
genuinely comical than anything else attempted before it."

Peter Chakerian

COOL CLEVELAND

"A love letter to comic book fans."

Michael Gallucci

SCENE MAGAZINE

"Among the cream of the crop at Comic Con 2006."

Chris Gore

G4 Network's "ATTACK OF THE SHOW"

"Jocelyn Wrzosek pushes darn near every emotional button you can imagine.
She's got what it takes to be a genuine comics fandom heartthrob."

Tony Isabella

COMIC BUYERS GUIDE

-

"A well made movie with a strong cast.  It abounds with quirky touches."

Julie Washington

PLAIN DEALER