[NEohioPAL] Personal comment on "Holy Ghosts" @ Beck Center

James McCormack jimmccormack at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 27 22:40:11 PDT 2007

I had the pleasure of watching the preview of Romulus Linney’s “Holy
Ghosts”, directed by Matthew Wright, Thursday night.

I’m not a critic or a significantly gifted actor but I believe I’ve seen
enough good work on live stages, local, regional & in NYC to feel
comfortable enough to offer my opinion of the work I saw.

It was a privilege to watch the performances of this ensemble cast. This
was, plain and simple, an evening of excellent work by a cast that is
very tight and very comfortable within the skin of each individual
character.  Through-out the evening, at any given moment & at any given
spot on the deck of the studio, there was really damn fine work going
on.  There were more arcs going on in the space than at a gathering of
math teachers at an exhibition of Tesla-inspired electric lights.  These
people were completely invested in their work. Mr. Wright is properly
known for his performing skills and will ratchet up his rep with his
superb work on this piece.
A caveat: I know and/or have worked with quite a number of the people
involved in this production but I urge you to do yourself a favor….don’t
just take my opinion.

Go see “Holy Ghosts” @ Beck opening tonight.  You will be rewarded with
a finely crafted evening of riveting ensemble theater.

Jim McCormack

And, in the end, the love you take
Is equal to the love you make.
                                    ~  Lennon/McCartney