[NEohioPAL] Aspiring Filmmakers Boot Camp comes to Cleveland!

Maier, Abigail AMaier at cose.org
Mon Oct 1 13:49:05 PDT 2007

October 19-21

Cleveland Convention Center

Go to www.filmboot.com <http://www.filmboot.com/>  or call (201)
941-4677 to register. Space is limited, reserve now!

Co-sponsored by the Greater Cleveland Film Commission

$395 for the weekend of workshops (including meals)

Students: $100

The acclaimed Aspiring Filmmakers Boot Camp was designed by filmmakers,
for filmmakers, by instructors who have produced feature films,
television, and interactive media. Among them they have an Oscar, Golden
Globe, Clio, and all major festival awards.

Experience how to write, produce, cast, direct and sell your own feature
- step by step. Get practical, hardnosed strategies for navigating the
movie business. Explore marketing and web distribution and exciting
alternative routes to breaking into the business.

A highlight of Aspiring Filmmakers Boot Camp is the exclusive pitch
session. Producer Larry Meistrich (SLING BLADE, YOU CAN COUNT ON ME,
BELLY) and others will teach you the ultimate secrets of pitching your
ideas, and you'll have the rare opportunity to pitch to him and fellow
producers. If it's good enough you might even walk out with a deal!

"... three days of empowerment to make a novice see the road to
stardom." - Julian Long, Brooklyn, NY

When I signed up, I expected a great learning weekend. Little did I
dream when I pitched my project to Larry Meistrich that he would
actually cut a deal to produce it. I mean, here's a big time producer,
with over 50 features and every award imaginable - and he wants to
produce my idea!"

Rafi Marcus, University of Miami

www.filmboot.com <http://www.filmboot.com/>

Special thanks to: Authentic Films, COSE/Greater Cleveland Partnership,
Cleveland State University, Cuyahoga Community College