[NEohioPAL] Free Physical Theater Workshop this Saturday

jpaul at theaterninjas.com jpaul at theaterninjas.com
Tue Oct 2 09:27:58 PDT 2007

This Saturday, the Theater Ninjas will be holding the first in a
series of Movement Workshops to kick off our 2007-2008 season.  Led by
Theater Ninja Faye Hargate, these bi-weekly workshops explore movement
techniques and improv exercises derived from the French school, Ecole
Jacques Lecoq.  The goal is to give participants the opportunity to
expand their movement abilities and develop a basis for physical
improv and expression in rehearsal.  With this workshop series, we
want to offer performers the time and space to explore new performance
ideas, meet like-minded artists and rehearse without the pressure of
an approaching performance.

This FREE workshop is open all performers, be they actors, dancers,
musicians, or other performance artists, so long as they are
interested in learning and are prepared for a very physical session.
We ask that participants come dressed in comfortable movement
clothing. Water will be provided.

The details:

October 6, Saturday (and every 2 weeks afterwards for 5 more sessions).
1 - 4pm (with a 15 minute half-time break)
The Bratenahl Community Center gymnasium
10300 Brighton Rd
Bratenahl, OH 44108
Google:
http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=10300+Brighton+Rd+Bratenahl,+OH+44108&cd=1&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1
Parking is on Brighton, or in the parking lot behind the center (off
of Burton Ave.)

Please contact us with any questions or to RSVP,

-Jeremy Paul
Artistic Director, Theater Ninjas
www.theaterninjas.com