[NEohioPAL] All the Great Books (abridged) canceled at Beck Center, November 16 - December 16

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Fri Oct 5 15:08:39 PDT 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 5, 2007
For more information, call 216-521-2540
Yvette A. Hanzel, ext. 225
Scott Spence, ext. 239

Beck Center for the Arts
All the Great Books (abridged)
November 16 - December 16, 2007
Canceled

Lakewood, Ohio -- Beck Center's production of All the Great Books
(abridged), which was scheduled to open on November 16 in the Studio
Theater, has been canceled.
Due to the abundance of theatrical and sporting events available for the
public this fall, Beck Center has decided to cancel its fall production
of All the Great Books.  Immediate efforts will focus on reallocating
resources towards promoting the remainder of the 07-08 theater season,
including Beck's third and final run of the critically acclaimed Beauty
& the Beast.
 "Beck Center Artistic Director Scott Spence continues to make Beck a
destination for the adventurous theater-goer," declared Cindy Einhouse,
Beck's President and CEO.  "Canceling this show at this time is just
smart business, as we prepare to launch our advertising campaign for our
holiday blockbuster, Disney's Beauty & the Beast."
The balance of Beck Center's 07-08 Main Stage season continues its long
established eclectic mix including Disney's Beauty & the Beast, the
six-time Tony award-winning play The History Boys, My Favorite Year, a
nostalgic look at the 1950s Sid Caesar-like hilarious film starring
Peter O'Toole, and the award-winning musical comedy, Altar Boyz!  Then,
in true Beck fashion, move to the intimate black box Studio Theater for
the Ohio Premiere of The Break-Up Notebook: The Lesbian Musical, which
had its World Premiere in 2005 at the Hudson Theatre in Hollywood, where
it received an Ovation Award for Best World Premiere Musical, an L.A.
Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Musical Score, and six Garland
Awards including Best Adaptation.
Subscribers who selected All the Great Books as part of their 2007-08
Beck Center subscription package will be contacted shortly by the box
office with information about how their subscription will be affected.
Patrons who have purchased single tickets will receive a full refund or
may apply their credit to an upcoming Beck Center production. For
information, call 216-521-2540.

###