[NEohioPAL] Auditions : Final audiiton notice and callbacks for the World Premiere of Rumpelstiltskin at Players Guild Theatre in Canton!!

Don Irven donirven at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:27:44 PDT 2007

FINAL AUDITIONS AND CALLBACK NOTICE FOR THE *WORLD PREMIERE* OF *
RUMPELSTILTSKIN* AT PLAYERS GUILD!

Come be a part of theatre you may have never experienced before - a new
script working directly with the playwright!   I will be having final
auditions and callbacks for *Rumpelstiltskin* this Monday at 7pm at the
Players Guild Theatre in Canton.  I am still searching for the right mix of
male actors to portray the King, Papa and Gustav.  The role of
Rumpelstiltskin can be a male  or female actor.  I will work with any
potential scheduling conflicts.  Please - do not miss this *
once-in-a-lifetime* chance to work with the actual playwright on the
script!  Our world premiere is going to be presented as an exciting staged
reading.  I will be using a variety of types of music to underscore the
entire production.  If you have never worked on an original world premiere
script before - *please come and read from the script!  *The playwright, Tom
Bryant, who is a resident of Canton, will be work shopping his original
script during the rehearsal process as we put voices and music to the page.

Tom Bryant has taken a simple short Grimm's fable and written an
exciting tale revolving around a poor fisherman and his daughter, and the
King's journey to discover true love.   The journey becomes one of magic
when the poor fisherman's daughter, Rania, is asked to spin straw into gold.
With the help of a mysterious old wizard named *Rumpelstiltskin*, she is
soon bargaining for more than just gold!
The production will be directed by Don Irven from Cleveland.  Irven has
directed over 40 shows throughout Ohio and Indiana including the Northwest
premiere of the musical *The Spitfire Grill *at Clague Playhouse last year.
*Final callbacks and auditions will be held Monday October 7 at 7:00 pm at
the Players Guild Theatre in Canton OH. * Roles include:
*RAINA (young female 17-25 years old) *  The fisherman's daughter, a
beautiful girl who is caught up in a game of riddles and magic in order to
win the heart of the King.

*PAPA ( male mid-40s-?) *  A poor fisherman who has fallen on hard times.   He
is talkative, a boastful father who loves to spin big tales.   (Think Homer
Simpson...)

*KING (young male 20-30) *  A young and handsome King on a journey to find a
lass worthy to be his queen.

*GUSTAV (adult role 30s) * The King's advisor, meddling at times and unsure
of the King's choices.
*RUMPELSTILTSKIN  (adult role)*  Older wizard who has an incredible knack
for magical things, and mysterious words!
Please call the Players Guild Theatre business office at 330-453-7619 to
schedule an audition appointment for Monday.  Again - if you feel you have
too many conflicts - please come anyway, and meet the playwright and read
from his wickedly delightful script.    If you have any additional questions
or can not make it Monday and are still interested, contact the the theatre
office or the director no later than Monday, October 8 at 216-624-0416.