[NEohioPAL] It was a dark and stormy day

Mary L. Davis marydavis119 at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 12 07:59:00 PDT 2007

And if you've found it perfect for starting your stage or screenplay
but would like an award winning script consultant to help you make it
great, let's talk!

Whether you just want a quick assessment of your script or a long
term approach that will teach you writing skills and leave you with
at least one solid script, I can help.

My hour-long episodic script for Sliders won an Award from
SciFi.com.  My students have won the Wisconsin Screenwriting Award,
placed in the semi-finals of America's Best, obtained representation and more.

I've worked for PBS' American Playhouse, HBO and Showtime.   I've had
a short play workshopped in Manhattan.  I've produced public access
programming in Manhattan.  I've consulted on one man cabaret
shows.

I won't rewrite your work - I'll teach you how to and you'll learn
the reasons why.

Here's how I work.  I read your entire first draft, or notes, or
story you wish to adapt.  We discuss via email what you want to
accomplish with this specific project.  Then I teach you how to
develop your project as an effective script.  I help you focus on
dialogue, character development, building dramatic tension, using
comic relief, creating a solid structure, scene description and
more.  Along the way, not only do you learn how to write this script
but how to write other projects, too.  We finish with a line by line
analysis to help you polish your script until it is a great script
that will get you attention from agents.

Mary L. Davis