[NEohioPAL] SEEKING POEMS ABOUT JAMES BROWN AND HIS MUSIC

michael oatman mikeoatman at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 18:57:00 PDT 2007

Say it Loud: Poems about James Brown

Edited by: Mary E. Weems, and Michael Oatman

We grew up on James Brown’s hit me! When he danced every young Black man wanted to move, groove and look like him. Mr. Brown wasn’t called the hardest workingman in show business because he wasn’t. Experiencing a James Brown show was like getting your favorite soul food twice, plus desert. His songs, like black power fists you could be proud of and move to at the same time. When Mr. Brown sang make it funky we sweated even in the wintertime. Losing him was like losing somebody in our family. This is a shout out for poems about the impact James Brown had on our lives. Poems that will help people remember, honor, and celebrate his legacy. Don’t be left in a cold sweat, send us your old and new James Brown poems today.
Submission Guidelines:
*EMAIL SUBMISSIONS PREFERRED*

3-5 Unpublished and/or published poems with acknowledgment included.
No longer than 73 lines
Send via a word document
Send a short bio
Deadline: December 31, 2007