[NEohioPAL] hazers, theatre fog and smoke

Dave Banks dbanks1 at neo.rr.com
Thu Oct 18 03:12:17 PDT 2007

To all Stage Managers and Technical Directors out there:
  We are finishing up our rennovation and are 3 weeks from opening "The Odd Couple" at the CenterStage Theatre at Walsh Jesuit High School.  I am almost dreading the testing of creating our smoke filled room scene as the new fire codes have landed us brand new sensitive sprinklers and alarms right on the stage ceiling complete with a noisy automatic ventilation system that threatens to open in the middle of a show if the lights are "too hot."  Has anyone out there dealt with these codes and/or found ways to still use hazers, fog, and smoke machines without setting off the alarms? Let me know. Thank you all.
Sincerely,

David Banks,
Director
CenterStage Theatre