[NEohioPAL] Beck Center Announces Future Vision at Annual Meeting, Oct. 29

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Mon Oct 22 07:37:05 PDT 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 22, 2007
For more information, call (216) 521-2540
Yvette A. Hanzel, ext. 225
Lucinda (Cindy) Einhouse, ext. 247

Beck Center for the Arts
Announces its Vision for the Future
At Annual Meeting
Monday, October 29, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.

Lakewood, Ohio -- In October 2006, during its 75th anniversary year,
Beck Center made a commitment to remain in Lakewood.  Now, one year
later, the Beck Center will embark on a very important project aimed at
sustainability and growth for the next 75 years.  Details will be
revealed at its Annual Meeting on October 29, 2007.
After the Board's decision to remain in Lakewood, and the completion of
a strategic plan, a design committee consisting of Beck Board members,
outside experts and design and architect consultants was organized to
take an in-depth look at the Beck Center's physical plant and current
programming.  Several brainstorming sessions were held and ideas and
concepts were developed.
These concepts will be shared with community members at the Beck
Center's Annual Meeting on Monday, October 29, 2007 from 7:00 to 8:30
p.m. on the Mackey Main Stage.  The ultimate goals for redevelopment of
the property now inhabited by Beck Center are economic growth
enhancement, infrastructure improvement, historic preservation, and
neighborhood enhancement.  Essentially, the Beck Center strives to be a
cornerstone and anchor for Lakewood's Theater and Entertainment
District.
"Our goal is to sustain Beck Center as a vital community resource," said
Lucinda Einhouse, President and CEO.  "We look forward to dynamic
feedback from the public about our ideas and concepts.  We would like to
explore all of the issues that are critical to our patrons, our students
and the neighborhood in which we reside."
Not only is the Beck Center one of the largest employers in Lakewood,
but a recent study found the organization has an economic impact of $10
million every year in Northeast Ohio.  Its partnership with the Lakewood
City School District to collaborate on the design of curriculum for an
Arts and Communications Academy will begin welcoming students into the
program in September 2008.
For more information on the Annual Meeting, contact Yvette Hanzel,
Director of Marketing & External Affairs at (216) 521-2540 extension 225
or yvette at beckcenter.org.

Beck Center for the Arts is a comprehensive performing arts organization
with one of the broadest and deepest arts education curriculums in
Northeast Ohio, including classes in dance, music, theater, visual arts,
and music and art therapy.  The current professional theater season
boasts one of the most ambitious schedules in Greater Cleveland with
three Cleveland premieres and one World Premiere.  For more information,
visit www.beckcenter.org <http://www.beckcenter.org/> .

###