[NEohioPAL] KIMONO EXHIBIT PERFORMERS

Tammy Warner warnert70 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 07:53:39 PDT 2007

KIMONO EXHIBIT PERFORMERS

My name is Akemi Mazak.  I am from Tokyo, and have
been living in Ohio for 9 years now.  I work for
Laurie Fife Harbert, who is the KIMONO project
coordinator for ArtsinStark.  I would appreciate if
you take a minute to read her message below.  THANK
YOU.

I apologize if you have received my message or someone
has contacted you before about this event.

Greetings,
My name is Laurie Fife Harbert and I am the KIMONO
project coordinator for ArtsinStark, the County Arts
Council in Stark County, Ohio.  The Canton Museum of
Art is having a huge event in fall of 2008 through
winter of 2009, presenting an exhibit of Itchiku
Kubota's landscape kimono.  Due to the magnitude of
this blockbuster exhibit, ArtsinStark, the County Arts
Council, will coordinate a 12-week celebration of the
culture of Japan and assist with public relations.
Therefore, we are looking for Japanese performers,
such as Taiiko, Koto, Nichibu, Shakuhachi, Shamisen,
Nou, Bonsai, Ikebana, Japanese Tea Ceremony, and so
forth.  The performer doesn't necessarily have to be
Japanese, just aware of the Japanese rituals and
traditions.  If you could let us know of any artists,
performers or entertainers that would support our
activities, we would greatly appreciate it.  You can
reach me at 330-453-7666 ext. 107 through October 4
and at 330-453-1075 ext. 208 thereafter.  My e-mail
address is laurie at artsinstark.com.  Or you can contact
my assistant, Akemi Mazak
at 330-497-0615.  Her e-mail is
markemimazak at hotmail.com.

Here is our site for the exhibit:
http://www.artsinstark.com/HotInfo/2007/KIMONO.aspx

Here is the Canton Museum of Art's site:
http://www.cantonart.org

Here is the site for the Ichiku Kubota Gallery in
Japan:
http://www.itchiku-tsujigahana.co.jp/

Thank you very much.  We are very much looking forward
hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laurie Fife Harbert

Even if you have no 'performers' to provide, please
let me invite you to
attend this world-renown exhibit!  To receive further
updates and
information about the KIMONO project exhibit, please
reply to me with
any e-mail addresses you would like me to send this
information to!

Sincerely,

Akemi Mazak