[NEohioPAL] Seeking Japan-Related Performers

Laurie Fife-Harbert laurie at artsinstark.com
Wed Oct 24 07:32:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am the KIMONO project coordinator for ArtsinStark, the County Arts
Council in Stark County, Ohio. The Canton
Museum of Art is having a huge event in fall of 2008 through winter of
2009, KIMONO-The 20th Century Masterworks of Itchiku Kubota, presenting
an exhibit of Kubota's landscape kimono. Due to the magnitude of this
blockbuster exhibit, ArtsinStark, the County Arts Council, will
coordinate a 12-week celebration of the culture of Japan and assist with
public relations. Therefore, we are looking for Japanese performers,
such as Taiiko, Koto, Nichibu, Shakuhachi, Shamisen, Nou, Bonsai,
Ikebana, Japanese Tea Ceremony, and so forth. The performer doesn't
necessarily have to be Japanese, just aware of the Japanese rituals and
traditions. If you could let us know of any artists, performers or
entertainers that would support our activities, we would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Laurie

Laurie G. Fife Harbert

KIMONO Project Coordinator

330.453.1075 ext. 208

Laurie at artsinstark.com <mailto:Laurie at artsinstark.com>

ArtsinStark-The County Arts Council

"Growing the arts to create smarter kids, new jobs, and healthier
communities."

900 Cleveland Avenue, NW

P.O. Box 21190

Canton, OH  44701-1190