[NEohioPAL] Osama the Hero at CPT! Onstage now through November 3

Mindy Herman MHerman at cptonline.org
Thu Oct 25 07:46:11 PDT 2007

Cleveland Public Theatre presents:
Osama the Hero
by Dennis Kelly
Directed by Raymond Bobgan

The critics are raving:

"Topical and thoughtful...elegiac, impressionistic but brutally
honest.... It's a brutal world and Osama the Hero looks without
flinching into the heart of darkness." - Tony Brown, The Cleveland Plain
Dealer

"Director Raymond Bobgan keeps his talented cast on point, luxuriating
in the playwright's finely detailed descriptions while painting a mural
of reflexive, destructive fear." - Christine Howey, Cleveland Scene

"Raymond Bobgan brings a powerful cast and a focused clarity to Dennis
Kelly's poetic problem play about violence and paranoia in the tragic
encounter between a misfit teenager and neighborhood vigilantes.... It's
both intense and violent, though not gratuitously so, and well worth the
discussion it's likely to prompt in the car on the way home." - Linda
Eisenstein, Cool Cleveland

Onstage now through November 3
James Levin Theatre

How does the fear of terrorism impact our lives?

Join Cleveland Public Theatre for this explosive and moving play.  Gary
inflames his high school with an unorthodox response to a homework
assignment. Garages are blowing up all over the neighborhood. Someone
must shoulder the blame. A rollercoaster of a play by one of Britain's
hottest writers, Osama the Hero is a raw and provocative new work.

Do you feel secure living in Cleveland?  What are you willing to risk in
order to feel that your family is safe?  Whether it is sexual predator
announcements in the mail, neighborhood crime or terrorism, we all can
feel threatened.  Osama the Hero delves into our personal need to feel
safe where we live and exposes the divide between our primal drives and
our conscious compassion.

Osama the Hero is suggested for mature audiences only due to language
and violence.

Ohio and Regional Premiere

Tickets on sale now!
Buy by phone at 216.631.2727 or buy online at www.cptonline.org
<http://www.cptonline.org/>

Featuring Mark Cipra, Katelyn Cornelius, Benjamin Gates, Chris Seibert
and Jeffrey A. Wisniewski

Director:  Raymond Bobgan
Set and Lighting Designer:  Trad A Burns
Costume Designer:  Alison Garrigan
Sound Designer:  James Kosmatka
Stage Manager: Faye Hargate
Special Effects: Joshua Brown

October 19 - November 3
(Preview October 18)
James Levin Theatre

Showtimes:  Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at
3:00pm

Tickets: $15 General Admission | $12 Students and Seniors | $10
Thursdays

Tickets available now!  Buy by phone at 216.631.2727 or buy online at
www.cptonline.org <http://www.cptonline.org/> .