[NEohioPAL] Final Presentation of Disney's Beauty and the Beast at Beck Center, Nov. 30 - Dec. 30, 2007

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Wed Oct 31 08:01:56 PDT 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 31, 2007
Direct questions to: (216) 521-2540
Yvette Hanzel, extension 225
Scott Spence, extension 239

Beck Center for the Arts
Announces its third and final presentation of
Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
November 30 - December 30, 2007

            Lakewood, OH - You won't want to miss the Beck Center's third and final presentation of the critically acclaimed Disney's Beauty and the Beast.  This musical extravaganza of a "tale as old as time" opens November 30 on the Mackey Main Stage and runs through December 30.
Loved by audiences and critics alike, Beauty and the Beast will return featuring the same wonderful actors in the following leading roles: Dan Folino as the Beast, Natalie Green as Belle and Josh R. Noble as Gaston.  Joining the cast are Bob Abelman as Belle's inventor father Maurice, Zac Hudak as Gaston's crony Lefou, and Larry Nehring*, Douglas Collier, and Tracee Patterson* as the magically transformed Lumière, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts, respectively.
"Merging seamlessly enriching sound effects and a couple of dazzling feats of illusion with his thoroughly committed cast, director Fred Sternfeld creates a spectacular stage experience that should be required viewing for two groups of people: children under the age of 12, and everyone else," exclaims Christine Howey, Cleveland Scene Magazine Theater Critic.  It is a must-see for families this holiday season.
            Director Fred Sternfeld, Musical Director Larry Goodpaster and Choreographer Martín Céspedes will all return for this spellbinding production.  "I am thrilled that we are drawing audiences that might not go to live theater otherwise," says Sternfeld.  "Frequently seasoned theatergoers came out in the lobby afterwards visibly moved.  Our goal as producers of theater is to not only entertain, but move our audiences to laughter, tears and different ways of looking at the world.  Disney's Beauty and the Beast fulfills that goal..."  This will be the last opportunity for theater-goers and theater novices alike to be moved by the magic of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.  Next month marks the final of three annual productions of the musical at the Beck Center.
            Disney's Beauty and the Beast is sponsored by Cox Communications, School One, WDOK Soft Rock 102.1, WFHM 95.5 The Fish Radio, the Ohio Arts Council, and Lakewoodbuzz.com.  Programming at the Beck Center is made possible through the generous support of The Cleveland Foundation, The George Gund Foundation, The John P. Murphy Foundation, The Kulas Foundation, The Eva L. & Joseph M. Bruening Foundation, The Abington Foundation, and the Thomas H. White Foundation.
To reserve tickets for Beck Center's final production of Disney's Beauty & the Beast, call the Beck Center Box Office at (216) 521-2540 or log onto www.beckcenter.org <http://www.beckcenter.org/> .  Tickets are $28 for adults, $25 for seniors, $17 for students (22 and under with I.D.) and $10 for children 12 and under (includes a $3 administrative fee applied at the time of purchase).  Additional discounts are available for groups of 12 or more.  Beck Center for the Arts is located just 10 minutes west of downtown Cleveland at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood.  Free, convenient on-site parking is available.

*Actor appears courtesy of the Actors Equity Association (AEA), the union of actors and stage managers.
###