[NEohioPAL] Hudson Players seeking, children (male), teenagers, men and women for Mame- auditions tonight at 7:00pm

Adrienne Conte Dickson conteam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 07:35:36 PST 2007

For Immediate Release

The Hudson Players are seeking children (male), teenagers, young adults, men, and women for lead and supporting roles in their winter musical.

MAME
Directed by John Haller
Book by Jerome Lawrence & Robert E. Lee
Music & Lyrics by Jerry Herman
Based on the novel "Auntie Mame" by Patrick Dennis

If you are interested, please meet at Barlow Community Center tonight (Monday, November 12th) at 7:00pm.  Directions and audition requirements below.

Cast:
Men and women of all ages.  Many roles available.

Roles:
Mame- an energetic character
Young Patrick- Mame’s nephew (age 8-10)
Older Patrick- Mame's nephew (age 18-22)
Agnes Gooch- Patrick’s nanny
Beau- Mame’s love interest
Dwight Babcock- Patrick’s father’s executor
Ito- Mame’s Chinese butler
Mother Burnside- Beau’s mother
Sally Cato- In love with Beau
Vera- Mame’s best friend
M. Lindsey Woolsey- Mame’s accountant and friend
Cousin Fan- Beau’s cousin
Uncle Jeff- Beau’s Uncle
Gloria Upson- Patrick’s girlfriend
Mr. Upson- Gloria’s father
Mrs. Upson- Gloria’s mother
Madame Branislowski- owner of the salon Mame works at
Gregor- Madame’s assistant
Pegeen Ryan- Mame’s decorator and Patrick’s wife
Ralph Devine- Headmaster of Patrick’s school

Performance Dates:
February 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 22, & 23

Audition Requirements:
Please have 16-24 bars of a song from a musical prepared.  Also, be prepared to read from the script.

Callbacks:
If the Director chooses to have callbacks, they will be the week of November 11th.

About the Show:
Who is MAME?  Some of Mame's wild, adventurous spirit is inside everyone who lives for the moment and believes that "life is a banquet!"  It's the height of the 1920's and Auntie Mame becomes the guardian for her ten-year-old nephew, Patrick.  Special songs include Mame, It's Today, Open a New Window, If He Walked into My Life, We Need a Little Christmas, Bosom Buddies and That's How Young I Feel.  Her life is turned up-side-down, many of her priorities change, but she still lives life to the fullest.

Further Information:
Please visit our website for further information at www.hudsonplayers.com

Directions:
The Hudson Players are located right in the heart of Hudson , OH .  Auditions will take place at the Barlow Community Center , 39 Oviatt Street .

From the North: exit I-480 at Route 91 in Twinsburg and head South.  Turn left onto Route 303 East (just past the clocktower) and turn right onto Oviatt St.  The Barlow Community Center will be on the left hand side across from the Fire Station.

From the South: exit Route 8 at Route 303 (Hudson).  Turn right off the exit and head East onto Route 303.  At the intersection of Route 91 and 303, continue straight staying on 303 East.  Turn right onto Oviatt St.  The Barlow Community Center will be on the left hand side across from the Fire Station.

The Hudson Players are one of the area’s longest running community theaters.  With a rich history of great shows, community involvement and an ultra-friendly performing environment, the group embodies its unofficial slogan of “good shows, good friends, good times.”

http://mail.yahoo.com