[NEohioPAL] A NEW HOLIDAY EVENT AT THE MEDINA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

Ansley Valentine avalentine at wooster.edu
Fri Nov 16 07:58:21 PST 2007

A NEW HOLIDAY EVENT AT THE MEDINA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

Grandparents, friends and relatives in town during the Thanksgiving
weekend? Looking for some good family fun to enjoy after the turkey?
Then you can kick off the holiday season with the new musical revue,
“Hometown Holidays” Nov. 23-24 on the Middle Stage of Medina High
School (777 E. Union St.). Performances begin at 7 p.m. each evening.

Directed by Ansley Valentine, associate professor of theatre at The
College of Wooster, "Hometown Holidays" is a family-oriented holiday
production featuring traditional Christmas songs, a tribute to the
1940’s, the story of the Magi and a musical interpretation of “Twas
The Night Before Christmas.” All patrons can stay after the show and
take a photo with Santa. Time can be reserved with the box office staff
when purchasing tickets. The Theatre and Dance Department at Wooster
sponsors the production. Medina audiences may have seen other
productions directed by Valentine such as “The King & I” and “Annie Get
Your Gun” at the Medina Performing Arts Center.

“This production is sure to become a local favorite holiday tradition,”
says Valentine. “There is something for everyone—even Santa Claus for
the little ones. We wanted to create a show that would give families a
mix of traditional, popular and classical Christmas music, plus a bit of
dance, and an audience sing-a-long at the end of the show.”

Under the music direction of Guy Wehman, the cast includes Dottie Nemec,
Denise Milner Howell and many other Medina-area performers.  “I am very
excited by the talent we have assembled. It is wonderful to see a show
that was only an idea two years ago finally start to become a reality”
adds Valentine.

Ticket prices are $15 for adults, $10 for children under the age of 12,
and $12 per person for groups of 20 or more. All seats are reserved.
Cash, check, Visa and Mastercard will be accepted. For more information,
contact the box office at the Medina Performing Arts Center at
330.636.3400.

Ansley Valentine
Associate Professor
Co-Vice Chair, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Region
III
College of Wooster Film Studies Program Chair

The College of Wooster
Department of Theatre & Dance
1189 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691